trim suppliers

naturally, being new to the forum, im not sure if this is in the right place. but hi to all anyway.

im 16 and have got my first landrover. its an x reg station wagon defender 90. im looking to replace all the trim inside, you know all the bits on the doors, around the windows in the back and the rear door etc, also the dashboard if possible. ideally all the parts would need to be new.

the problem is i cannot find anywhere to get these parts.and now iv caught the land rover bug i cant stop.

all advice and information is greatly welcomed.

thanks

is the interior trim that bad to need complete replacement, it's fairly hard wearing stuff & not cheap to replace, salvage companies like Equicar & Craddocks salvage would be a good place to start.

Welcome to LR4x4.com Please read the pinned info at the top of this forums thread listing, it will help you. :D

cheers lads. some useful info. western, its in bad condition. its an ex police vehicle and where the sirens were they left the holes open and water has destroyed the roof lining, the interior trim in the back is missing and broken and the dash has hundreds of holes and somehow is cracked aswell as vents missing etc etc

I've just looked at your profile. You haven't listed where you live. Although at your age I think your wise. However I can't point you in the direction of Land Rover breakers where I live.

Second hand dash bits are the way to go.

Can you get to a show or two this year. You oftewn find those bits there.

If not I'll look up two places near to me and let you have a contact.

mike

cheers lads. some useful info. western, its in bad condition. its an ex police vehicle and where the sirens were they left the holes open and water has destroyed the roof lining, the interior trim in the back is missing and broken and the dash has hundreds of holes and somehow is cracked aswell as vents missing etc etc

a bit of a state then. :blink:

don't forget good old ebay for trim parts, there's always something on there that you'll need/want.

Don't forget to try Craddocks. I know they break Landrovers as I just brought a new dash top for my 90 from them.

HTH

Ivan

Or post a wanted add on the forum (when you've got more than 20 posts)....

I have a dashboard in VGC going spare, and I'm not that far from you (often travel upto Long Eaton if that's closer), and I can usually get hold of other bits including door trims, head linings etc etc.

Ian