Lift Kit

I bought 40mm lift brit part Yellow springs (they were as cheap as they come) new and a second hand set of Amercian shocks of a manufacture I dont remember. They are basicly the same as procomp 9000s.

I was quite happy with the new springs and used shocks (they had only been used for 3 weeks before the guys wife made him take them off because they were too hard for her) and would recomend it to anyone. ts easy to inspect them for condition and if they are older than they say they are its obvious as its hard to clean up an old shocker.

You will find a few sets of second hand shocks on ebay. Just make sure you fit new bushes all round..

hi mate, i just fitted a 2'' lift to my disco. the kit come from mm4x4 and cost just under 220. with free delivery. i think the kit is good for the money as i is 4 britpart yellow springs, h.d and 4 pro comp 9000's. just dont fit the springs around the wrong way as i did. :lol: the kits also come with new turret rings.

hi mate, i just fitted a 2'' lift to my disco. the kit come from mm4x4 and cost just under 220. with free delivery. i think the kit is good for the money as i is 4 britpart yellow springs, h.d and 4 pro comp 9000's. just dont fit the springs around the wrong way as i did. :lol: the kits also come with new turret rings.

does this kit come with extended brake hoses?

I'd recently been considering a lift for my 110 too - not to fit larger tyres but to give better clearance for rock crawling on standard 265's. I had read on another forum that the Pro-comp lifts are overly stiff and reduce articluation which I can't afford myself. For that reason I'd ruled them out and am still looking. Thats second hand information of course but may help. Sounds like spring rate was an issue for you scotian - what happened to your articulation? Were the springs just a pain on the roads, or did you start lifting wheels off road too?

My ideal solution would be a lift that only 'stiffens up' enough to offset the height gain - I'm really worried about loosing stability through height gain. Any of you guys noticed any side-slope problems with the kit you're fitting?

depends what you want from your lift kit.

so many variables and so many things to consider.

hard springs of the same length will give a lift and good road handling, but could reduce upward compression. Matched with longer shocks and you'll need dislocation cones or your springs might fall out.

long soft springs will also give lift and matched with longer shocks mean you wont need dislocation cones. Gives good flex but can be too soft for road use.

have you considered using standard landrover part number springs. You may get away with no insurance premium loading (lancaster didnt increase my premium) as they are a standard LR part and hence not a 'performance mod'.

I use red/whites up front (170lbs/in and 17.5" long) and disco military rears at the back (270lbs/in and 15.5" long)

gives approx 1.5" lift all round and only a touch stiffer than standard 90csw springs, so i get good flex, good road handling and only needed dislocation cones on the rear. Plus they are cheap as chips compared to aftermarket jobbies.

Here are two pics (before and after) before is totally standard and very worn LR suspension on full articulation and the after are brit part springs (40mm lift) and the american version of those pro comp 9000s. They are slightly softer than Procomp but they still feel fantastic on the road. Feels like a race car in comparrison to my old standard shocks.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean ciqanka? The problem with the old suspension was they whole car felt like a wet sponge on the road and I just wanted a little more height off road. Other than that there was no off road problem.

The first pic is with the new springs and shocks and the second pic is the original set. If I am not mistaken the old set was letting the wheel go higher in the wheel arch? Not sure that there is much other differnce in articulation. Both pics I was only just getting cross axle (opposit corner wheels starting to loose traction) but still able to drive out of it with no one tipping it onto a wheel.

post-7320-1206628963_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1206629111_thumb.jpg