Headlight wiring

1988 Land Rover 110 CSW.

Can anyone tell me the route of the wires from the fusebox to the nearside headlight?

I've lost my dipped headlight but not the full beam. The sealed unit has been replaced as it was blackened, but that made no difference. I've checked that the power gets from one side of the fuse carrier to the other, so no blown fuse. I will try cleaning the fittings on the fusebox as they are a bit corroded, but I'm fairly confident the power leaves the fusebox ok. I don't see where the power could be going missing as the manual says there is nothing between the fuse and the sealed unit!!

If I remember correctly after changing my main loom last year --- from the fusebox along the dash under the front edge of the tray, out into engine bay on the drivers side to the multiplug connectors adjacent to the brake servo, then the nearside front lights along the bulkhead to left corner then along to the lights.

behind the front lights [both sides] is the connectors & a earth location, check the wires haven't got pulled or broken.

Fixed it!!

Turned out it was the fuse box after all. There was corrosion on the terminals where the fuse sits, so although it looked like there was power on both sides of the fuse, it wasn't getting beyond that.

thanks for your help.

Fixed it!!

Turned out it was the fuse box after all. There was corrosion on the terminals where the fuse sits, so although it looked like there was power on both sides of the fuse, it wasn't getting beyond that.

thanks for your help.

Hi,

I assume from your post that you have the dreaded tubular fuse setup!! Prehaps there was volts on the otherside but lack of current flow due to corrision. A quick fix is to roll the fuse in the holder.

Check out this post and you will see the mod that i did to my 110. i just got really fed up with removing the fuse box cover with alarming regularity!!

I used 2 fuseholders from VWP and with about 2hrs work sorted problem for once and all. It also meant a few extra ccts that could be used for your accessories or as mounts for spare fuses.

Was considering adding it as technical archive post but not sure how to do it!

Hope this helps, I would definitely recommend this mod. (If you are a competent electrician of course).

I placed a post regarding the problem I'm having getting the correct fuses, this might just be the answer I'm looking for!

I'll run it for a month or two to see how it goes. my plan is only to keep this LR for a short period, so don't want to do more than I need to. If problems persist I'll change the fuse housing as it doesn't look to onerous a job. If I do change my mind and keep it, then I need to change the bulkhead anyway, so will do it all then.

These vehicles certainly keep you occupied don't they?!

These vehicles certainly keep you occupied don't they?!

Had a similar conversation with my sister, who recently got a 110.

After only 3 months of ownership, she has quickly realised that

1. There's always something that isn't quite right, but you can live with it
  2. There's always something that needs to be fixed promptly.
  3. There's always something that can be improved/modified/added/removed
  4. No. 1 adds "character" until you fix it for the MOT. Then it usually breaks again.
  5. No. 2 stops most things on No.3 getting done.