FAO Western

Thanks Jim

No I have a handbrake problem.

I think it's in the lever end. I wanted to see what was in that bit.

It's not helped because I have a Range Rover lever fitted.

The problem is that sometimes when you pull the handbrake it works at two clicks. Next time at six ????

It's an X-Brake. Simon thought it could be the cable falling about. It looks as if he's right.

I'm going to have to take things apart tomorrow.

mike

Guest WALFY
Thanks Jim

No I have a handbrake problem.

I think it's in the lever end. I wanted to see what was in that bit.

It's not helped because I have a Range Rover lever fitted.

The problem is that sometimes when you pull the handbrake it works at two clicks. Next time at six ????

It's an X-Brake. Simon thought it could be the cable falling about. It looks as if he's right.

I'm going to have to take things apart tomorrow.

mike

I have the same problem. There is no way for the cable sheath to be held tight to the underside of the hand brake lever. I've yet to work out how to do it. If you find a way pleas post up your solution

Guest WALFY
WALFY

Have you a Defender or a Range Rover lever ?

mike

RRC hand brake lever. I've fitted it between the seatbox and my seat. I found it a bit of a struggle with the 6point harness to reach the normal h/brake. Other than this small niggle it's a well worth while upgrade for any 90 driver

RRC hand brake lever. I've fitted it between the seatbox and my seat. I found it a bit of a struggle with the 6point harness to reach the normal h/brake. Other than this small niggle it's a well worth while upgrade for any 90 driver

Right. Let me take mine to bits in the morning. Provided it stays dry.

mike

Mike,

If it's the same as the one in the picture on the wanted thread, then yes please. If not, I have several assorted volt meters already, I'm just trying to pair up a couple of 90/110/defender ones.

I've amended my signature to clarify what I'm after.

Cheers

Mo

WALFY, Do you still have your Defender handbrake lever ?

The plan is.

Remove the base from the lever. Bolt that to tuder the bracket that holds the RR lever on. There's a nice tube for the cable to sit in.

Pictures later.

mike

Right ..A change of plan.... Well at the moment.

Ther cable is threaded at the handbrake end. The plan is to get a nut to fit the thread... bolt the cable to the base of the RR lever. Mage the hole in the seatbox bigger and push the cable through from the top.

We shall see.....

mike

Guest WALFY
Yes Luke. Mine is like that WITHOUT the nut.

Thank's to Teesside Industrial Fasterners I now have a nut,,,,,,,,,,,

The next job is to stop the rain falling... Then I can re-fit everything....

mike

Likewise. I don't have that nut fitted either. Will have to have a look see about the thread poking through and see if I can locate a nut. Mike, as you have just got the nut any chance you know the size thread or did you do it by trial fitting?

I walked into Teesisde Industrial Fasteners with the cable.

Plonked it on the counter..

"A nut for that please"

"What size is it?"

"That's why I brought the cable"

He took the cable and returned with a nut on it.

"What size is the nut"

"You don't need to know that". I think he said 15 x 1.5 mm but it could have been 16 x 1.5. I remember the 1.5 bit :o

Now I also lifted the handbrake lever my 5mm by packing it with a piece of ally strip.

The hole to clear the cable is 23mm diameter. That gave me a bit more to let the cable bend to the seatbox.

HTH

mike

I should have added.

Because my cubby box is close the the lever and I have the seat on 25mm square alli section. There isn't a lot of room to work there.

So..

I built the lever end up, then fitted it through the seatbox and onto the calliper lever.

mike