CB Radios

Hi all,

I know CB Radio is useful for green laning and off roading.

I have an old Superstar 360 and was wondering if this is legal because it has other stuff apart from the FM that we use such as AM, CW and USB.

I spose if you keep in on FM you'll be fine.

Any advice appreciated.

Steve

Hi all,

I know CB Radio is useful for green laning and off roading.

I have an old Superstar 360 and was wondering if this is legal because it has other stuff apart from the FM that we use such as AM, CW and USB.

I spose if you keep in on FM you'll be fine.

Any advice appreciated.

Steve

Have a look at these FAQ's at the 4x4CB site

hi there! i have cb in my landy and yuo should have a licence for it,i dont though so shame on me,but in all fairness i find its getting pretty dead with more modern radios now available,if you have a few friends with them its worth going on channel,and a 6foot magma looks brill on the landy!!!! :rolleyes:

On CB only the current UK & Euro CEPT frequencies are permitted, IIRC SSB/USB/LSB & AM & Morse [CW] are not permitted. but these regulations IIRC still apply the Licence requirement was dropped in 2006, cb licence no longer required

I thought that all of the SSB/USB/LSB bands etc were not leagal to use, but does this mean that if you keep it on FM your OK, or is it completely illegal and so you can not use it?

P.S. I've seen the phrase 'IIRC' (I guess its a phrase) a few times and was wondering what it meant?

I thought that all of the SSB/USB/LSB bands etc were not leagal to use, but does this mean that if you keep it on FM your OK, or is it completely illegal and so you can not use it?

P.S. I've seen the phrase 'IIRC' (I guess its a phrase) a few times and was wondering what it meant?

If I remember correctly it means.... If I Recall/Remember Correctly

upper/lower/single sideband on AM or FM in respect of UK CB's is NOT legal, if you have a amatuer radio licence the some are legal but still subject to Ham radio licence conditions, the OFCOM inspectors have the powers to sieze equipment & take the owner/user to court & levy fines.

IIRC means If I Remember or Recall Correctly.