Making a rear crossmember

Les Henson

Nice it certainly is………………. but,

Was it gas welded or did you use your nice new MIG ……………… if you didn’t use your nice new MIG are you just going to keep the MIG as an ornament in the living room whilst you struggle on with an archaic technology? :rolleyes:

Are you going to weld this one on 10mm pi$$ed like the last one ? :lol::P

Well done Les ….nice job ;)

:)

Ian

I only use my gas gear if I need to bend as I weld.

Oooerrr.... Or does this prove you stand to attention when you weld..... Better make sure that ramp is working when you come over to sort my rear crossmember.. Can get the car to the right height for you then....

Neil

It's MIG welded Ian - it would take ages to gas weld metal that thick. Sadly I only use my gas gear if I need to bend as I weld.

It was 15mm anyway :rtfm:

Les :)

I thought is was Mig because the heat pattern is more localised, but I was surprised at how little splatter you have, I guess the metal was really clean and you are using a heavy Ar Co2 mix.................

Yeah ............. this time, measure ten times and weld once ;)

BTW:I have ordered a new welding toy ................... a post will follow in about a month.................

Ian