Anacondas...

Matt B

We are having a debate on the local club forum because I posted some pictures of my testing of "the turd" and people think that the tyres are fitted the wrong way round - I am not totally stupid and have followed the direction arrows on the tyre.

Has anybody else noticed that the tread goes in the opposite direction to most other brands or do I just have defective tyres?

M

look from the front tyres should look like this

post-5542-1210573492_thumb.jpg

yes thats a dumper tyre but the tread works best that way and i'd gess the Anacondas work the same

i've never had a tractor run away with the tyres pointing up hill (backing down) but have had many take off down the hill when driving down(not nice)

yes thats a dumper tyre but the tread works best that way and i'd gess the Anacondas work the same

i've never had a tractor run away with the tyres pointing up hill (backing down) but have had many take off down the hill when driving down(not nice)

That's the problem - the direction of rotation marked on the tyre runs it in the opposite direction to that. I don't know whether to run them as specified on the tyre or listen to the hearsay of fellow enthusiasts.

Same as boggers .................

med_gallery_269_31_49109.jpg

IIRC...........In the pic the correct rotation is clockwise......... i.e. the tyre traveling towards you.

An easy way to remember is that the pointy bit of the V should hit the road first.............. most directional tyres have a V pattern albeit some are a bit vague.......

:)

Ian

Guest noggy

You've had tractors take off with you down hills? how is that related to tyres?

plus what tractors do you have? Zetors? LOL!

Thanks guys - I think a harshly worded letter to Greenway is in order, the rotation arrow definitely points against the grain.

Surely depends on whether the tyre is driving or driven? If on a muck spreader driving the spinners then the other way around? If your tyres were designed by Greenway to drive implements maybe they are correct with their directional arrows :lol:

If the tread are backwards (pushes the mud into the tread) it could have potentially lethal affects in wet conditions as the water will be forced into the wheel and have nowhere to go except for pushing the wheel off the ground loosing grip, steering and breaking and cause potentially lethal / fatal concequences (worse case senario mind)

My way of looking at it is that if I have a prang with the tyres fitted to maunufacturers recommendation then I can come back on Greenway - if I put them on with the arrow pointing the wrong way...

Thanks guys - I think a harshly worded letter to Greenway is in order, the rotation arrow definitely points against the grain.

Which will get you nowhere other than looking like a muppet.

They were designed by Greenway to run the way the arrow states, just because this goes against the design of some other similar treads does not mean that they are dangerous, wrong or inadequate - just different.

muck spreaders run the tyres backwards to hold the soil in the tread to try and stay on top of the ground, driven axles run the tyres point first to disapate the soft top soil to bite through to the harder more grippy soil underneath

You've had tractors take off with you down hills? how is that related to tyres?

plus what tractors do you have? Zetors? LOL!

a 5ton case tractor with 2ton forage and a 7ton trailer on the back of that going down a hill in a grass field

with allmost new tyres

a 5ton case tractor with 2ton forage and a 7ton trailer on the back of that going down a hill in a grass field

with allmost new tyres

and small shower of rain! then hope the gate is somewhere below you! not fun!

i need to learn how to quote! doh!

with allmost new tyres

and small shower of rain! then hope the gate is somewhere below you! not fun!

i need to learn how to quote! doh!

just click on quote at the bottom of the text(s) you want to quote then click reply