Exhaust Question For a 110 2.5 N/A

I'm going to replace the exhaust on a 110 2.5 N/A diesel due to excessive rust. Finding a lot of 200 Tdi pipes but not too many for the 2.5 N/A. Are there any compatible pipes or heads from any other models such as the 200 Tdi? I would also like to do away with the center muffler and just rely on the resonator given that it isn't very loud epically compared to the engine noise. (not that I want "loud" but I'm hoping it wont be obnoxious) If it helps any it's a 83/84 Ex-Military and I believe that the block is of the turbo variety based on info from another thread. I can provide photos if needed. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

The 200TDi head will not fit I'm afraid, so the TD downpipe is your only option. Bearmach lists the downpipe and it's only about £20. Engine noise isn't really affected by removal of the centre silencer.

Mind you - it won't take off like a rocket either :P

Les.

I have an ex-mil 90, but have changed to a Discovery Tdi engine so downpipe is going to be different - but I have used a late 300Tdi exhaust centre and rear sections. The centre silencer is fairly free flow , and there is no rear silencer. Pipe diameter is much wider than n/a.

On the late models, the rear exhaust section is the same shape and follows the same path as your n/a exhaust - ie it does not have a transverse mounted silencer like earlier tdi's.

The centre box sits back slightly further than the n/a box, so I had to make a couple of extension brackets and used some mounting bushes I got off the shelf from a motor factor.

You might be able to use a 300 tdi front pipe as well, but might have to modify it a bit - have a look at the images on here and you will get an idea of what might fit - http://www.paddockspares.com/scp/DEFENDER/Exhausts.html