Stereo Help please

piecost76

Hi,

I have an aftermarket stereo in my Disco TDi & the volume button on the unit does not increase.

Does anyone know what leads etc I need to reconnect the dashboard mounted stereo controls?

Failing that, anyone with a cheap CD stereo?

Thanks,

Ivor.

The dash mounted controls are useless big clunky buttons, that you can't see because the steering wheel hides them (it does on the 300tdi anyway) They are a carp after thought, I find it easier to use the buttons on the stereo.

I've not seen any leads which will link them up, but Sony used to do a lot of leads to link up with various cars.

I'd give up and ignore the buttons and if you are saying the headunit itself doesn't work then get a cheap MP3 CD head unit - You can pick them up for under £60

I would suggest that armed with the model number u take a trip down to Halfords as they have a stock of various interface plugs & sockets, or have a look on the internet at sites such as this. http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/default.asp

I have the standard unit but don't bother with the dash controls some of them are hidden by the steering wheel and then only work sometimes doing the opposite of what they are surposed to do.