Where to buy

Stephen

I can't see anywhere anyone saying KERR recovery is "Snatch recovery is the spawn of Satan",

I certainly think it is a superb way of recovering a vehicle and continue to use it to this day.

my point was clear I hoped, that make sure you use it properly and get some advice.

The mate who rigged my near accident was no fool believe me, but he wasn't fully aware of the need to rig the KERR without an extension and certainly not to use a sodding great shackle to connect them together.

Also to use a strop is as you say far more dangerous when it does pull the vehicle first time, then begins the small snatch followed by possible damage to vehicles/people.

From my point of view I'll continue to use the KERR for recovery but I will check the connections myself and there will be no passengers/spectators anywhere near the event.

finally if you where refering to another post please ignore my refrence to your post.

Tony

Edited by white90

Why pay £55 for one with ARB on it?

No relationship etc etc, but this page gives a good example of price and strength for equipment used in arguably a reasonably high risk industry :huh:

Note the 7:1 safety factor :blink: so really, a 3te strop should be more than man enough.

Obviously, NOT for snatch recovery though as they are lifting equipment which tends to be used gently!

The great thing is of course you can colour co-ordinate - Nige you could have the 4te grey strops and Andy could have the 5te red ones! Perfect!!

Actually, on second thoughts, with your truck Nige you'd better have the blue ones..... :ph34r:

Edited by bishbosh

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy