chequer plates

post-8654-1213010680_thumb.jpg

I whant such protection and I am thinking not to buy from shops but to make them alone.

I whant to buy a big plate (1500x2000) from a metal dealer and to just cut it as I need .But I dont realy know what is better to buy aluminium or steel chequer plates?And what thickness it must be.?

Another problem is how to fit them to body panels---to screw,to glue,or to clip?And do I have to put an seal between body panel and this chequer plates?

Thanks very much for your patience with people how whants to know more!

dont think it will make much difference.... if you hit it against a rock it'll get smashed anyway... IMO its just a decoration!

I bought my Def already smached ---and as I tryed to unbend the corners--anyway it is not the same as it was.And I think fitting such a decoration will hide my crooked corner.

what screw do you use?Mybe a macro photo?

I bought my Def already smached ---and as I tryed to unbend the corners--anyway it is not the same as it was.And I think fitting such a decoration will hide my crooked corner.

what screw do you use?Mybe a macro photo?

That's the same reason I did mine :)

Mo

I have 3mm Aluminium all round. Attach using rivets, and seal along the edges with sealant.

It IS pretty much decoration, as it wont offer much protection, but if you use 3mm on the wings & bonnet, then you can climb up to get to a roof rack without denting your bonnet more.

Martin

better to put one of those corner bumperettes that wrap round the underside of the corner. it really prevents the edge from getting bended and you can step on them to wipe off bird droppings on your shining roof. ha ha.

they work very well for me!!

better to put one of those corner bumperettes that wrap round the underside of the corner. it really prevents the edge from getting bended and you can step on them to wipe off bird droppings on your shining roof. ha ha.

they work very well for me!!

can you show a photo -because i don't realy anderstand what you mean :(:(:huh: