mechanix gloves

callum

anyone using these.

i see them a lot in US write ups and how to's for cars and have noted some bike shops have started selling them in the uk, albeit at about twice the price of in the US.

I'm of the fairly lazy school of motor mechanics, tending to use tools only after i find i am unable to undo stuff with my fingers so i disposable gloves don't last very long. i am wondering if maybe a pair of these will prevent me from still having dirt under my fingernails on a wednesday after a weekend working, without losing any sensation with stuff i am working on.

I bought a pair of Snap-On gloves from the states via eBay. In total I think the cost about £14 delivered. Same over here are aroubnd £25 - £30.

Anyway, I tend not to use them that often as like you say, you can't feel things as easily, which when working in the dark on something out of eyesight is hard. I use mine for burning mainly, moving stuff while it's still hot and not getting burnt. There not so bad for when youre undoing something you know is going to end with scarred knuckle's. Everyday occurence for me.

For jobs at home I either don't use gloves or use the disposable ones, although the do rip easily.

Not sure if this helps a lot, sorry....

Mick

Les beat me to it.

But he's right, the nitrile gloves are the best of the three disposable types. These are what work supply, horrible blue colour though and not much flexibility I find. Maybe just my opinion though, or big hands! :lol:

NHS provide mine (looking over shoulder). :blink:

They will tear but the main problem is that your hanhs get hot and sweaty so when it's time to change the glove for a new one you have to let your hands cool off before you can get another one on.

Guest noggy
NHS provide mine (looking over shoulder). :blink:

They will tear but the main problem is that your hanhs get hot and sweaty so when it's time to change the glove for a new one you have to let your hands cool off before you can get another one on.

social services provide mine :ph34r:

when theyre free, it doesnt matter how many you rip! plus it keeps your hands soft for your lady ;)