INDICATORS WONT GO OFF

PEASEY

hello everyone,this is my first post on this fourum so please be gentle with me.i have just changed my v8 discovery for the more economical diesel model a 94 300 tdi and was fixing my rear non working electric windows by removing the window lift ecu to solder that dry joint all went according to plan untill i dropped my screwdriver on a smaller rectangular box below it.now the indicators wont stop flashing and the central locking will not work.it did before i dropped my screwdriver,on both the key and the fob.can anyone shed some light on what i have done and tell me how to return her back to the way she was please?

Welcome :)

I think you have tripped the crash sensor somehow, this unlocks the doors, disabled the central locking and makes the hazards flash and is designed as a safety feature to assist in an accident. Normally you just need to switch the ignition off and back on again to reset this, unless you actually damaged something. I am not sure what controls the "crash setting" in terms of which ECU but I guess it is the one you dropped your screwdriver on :)

It can sometimes be tripped by a bad cattle grid or a big pothole in the road but should reset.

If ignition doesn't work I would try disconnecting the battery and see if that clears it.

hello and welcome as bm said it sounds like the crash sensor i had this a few months ago i think it was reset by turning vehicle off and on a couple of times, i couldnt lock the doors with the fob and the hazard lights stayed on chris

i have tried disconnecting the battery and turning the ignition on and off but they still flash im starting to think that i have damaged something inside too,im going to pull it out in the morning and investigate.friday 13th has not been a good day for me.thanks for your help anyway i will post my finding tomorrow.

yeah and isnt it annoying,the point you made of removing the battery for a while i havent done i just pulled the cable off and put it straight back on,im going to try that before i go dismantling in the morning,sometimes you just miss the simplest things,cant belive i didnt think of that myself,fingers crossed thats the answer mate thanks.

well i tried taking the battery leads off and still no joy,i removed the crash sensor and took it apart,checked the various bits and bobs in there reasembled still the same,until my yongest son,ben who is only 4 and was watching dad trying to get himself out of some ever deepening brown stuff,pushed down the bonnet alarm sensor while i had left the ignition on and they stopped and the central locking has started to work again as well.its about time he started to pull his weight rather than wandering off with that all important spanner or bolt that i spend hours looking for and swears blind he hasnt touched it,only for my mrs to pull it out of the washing machine all shiney and new looking.one thing that did puzzle me though was that it wouldnt reset with the bonnet shut!oh well its sorted now and i would just like to thank everyone who replied to my post,thanks paul.