Fitting Husky as rear winch on Tdi 90

Well finally after many moons and a first try with a bolt-on plate (soon binned :( as it looked a tad a joke) I managed to install my Husky in the tub of the Cube :D hooray!

I struck a sweet deal with Equipe 4x4 (another trade) and got their rear mount kit, so 2 x chassis brackets (they mirror the Td5 chassis brackets supporting the fuel tank) and spacers, 2 x upper brackets annnd a winch tray.

Of course the winch tray is designed for the average Joe winch and didn't work with the Husky so I had to bin it and start again from scratch...:angry:

Husky_cradle.jpg

So here's the pig in place and the Cube being hooked for an easier life...something I can't do in my small cave :lol:

Husky_in_place.jpg

hoist.jpg

Tdi tub brackets have to go to make room for new ones

angle_grinder1.jpg

old_brackets.jpg

Equipe brackets in place,they mirror the Td5 fuel brackets so sort of bridge from chassis rails to x-member

spacers.jpg

tolerances were close to 0 so there was no way to sling the spacers in place and we had to grind some metal away,this left a few mm gap at the x-member which will be filled...next time! :(

welder.jpg

weld1.jpg

now ready for some coats of black,re-wiring of the pig and in-cab control ^_^

alleluja alleluja

In my dark cave making plans

:lol:

Damn I'm getting there with this blessed thing and it took what...3 years?!?!

:blink:

Sometimes I think I should have bought a scale model...!