Winch Hawse

s2hotdog

Another silly question................

I have a fairey drum winch that I intend to fit to my 90 with some modification to the 90 and the winch fitting plates

At the moment it has a roller hawse that is big and clumbersome but I have a good quality 10 mm military spec wire 40 m on the drum that I would like to keep and use

So the question is if I get a stainless steel letter box type hawse made up and incorperated into a new winch cradle/bumper are there going to be problems with the wire cutting into the stainless steel and then damaging the wire? I expect so but just thought I'd ask

The other option is to buy some plasma or similar I suppose and use that instead

Cheers for any relies

Steve

I have a hawse, cast I think for a Husky ( again I think) can't remember where it came from.

You are welcome to look at it and have it for free if you like.

I'm near Hindhead so not far from you.

Hi

Thanks I would like to have a look at it at least may save me buying some plasma or similar rope.................. pm me your phone no and I'll give you a call

Cheers

Steve

Edited by s2hotdog