Classic window replacement

Dr W

Hi all

(Sorry just realised that the title should have said window motor replacement).

Window motor in my drivers door has started playing up (i.e got stuck) and needed a helpful tug from me to get it to go up and then happened a few more times before I decided to leave it closed.

Reckon it's on it's way out so going to find a replacement but before I start the replacement job if anyone has any pointers or advice as to the best way to do it or any funny little things that need to be done to make the job get done more smoothly, it would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Pretty straight forwards really. Just make sure you secure the glass in the up position before you remove the motor as I think it will descend on its own without the motor!

I would check the connector on the old motor before getting a new one as the multiplugs do vary.

Also, make sure you do a decent job of resealing the plastic liner before you put the door card back.

I have a few window motors kicking about that you can have for £5 each pus postage if you are interested. Can't look for them until next week though.

Sorry forgot to say it was a 1991 Vogue SE.

Cheers for the info bishbosh, any idea how long I should set aside for the job? Car is parked on street so need to ensure I complete it on the same day.

I'm after a o/s/f motor and would be interested if you have any about (not in any real rush so let me know next week if you find one). I'll try and have a look this weekend what type of multi plug I've got on mine to save any hassle.

Any suggestions what to use to re-seal liner, I've got some sort of black gunk on there at the moment.

Cheers

Cheers for the info bishbosh, any idea how long I should set aside for the job? Car is parked on street so need to ensure I complete it on the same day.

Takes about half an hour, really simply screws, nuts and bolts job.

.... and I have 4 leccy window motors kicking around as well, you can have them for £4.99 each plus postage -only kidding :lol: take Bishes, they are bound to be from a lower mileage vehicle ;)