The standard 12v 8274's specs are as follows;

Line Pull

Lbs.(Kgs.) Line Speed FT./min(M/min.)

0 73.4(22.4)

2000(910) 22(6.71)

4000(1810) 12(3.66)

6000(2720) 9.50(2.90)

8000(3630) 6.10(1.86)

If upgraded to an xp motor, what do the specs then look like?

I am looking to buy an 8274 and the xp motor, but would like to know how much difference the xp motor would actually make?

Also recommend getting a Gigglepin mainshaft upgrade if going for the XP. Nothing worse than being stuck with a broken mainshaft, except having the brake let go and you careering down a hill backwards, waiting for the impact.

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons I never had issues with the standard mainshaft on my 8274-50 with XP. That might be because I had the winch from new and it wasn't very old but it did get used regularly and quite hard. That said, the mainshaft offers several other improvements apart from higher strength.

The XP motor is superb BTW.

never actually measured it but it would snap ropes before stalling the motor

You carn't be trying hard enough tony, i've stalled the xp on my 8074 out a few times. I have never run anything weaker than 1/2" plasma 12 on it though!

Hmmm motor envey :ph34r::lol:

My old one wasn't able to blow up my old winch but new ones are bigger than yours :P

The 7.8's are even faster than the 6hp's. mine seems a little more powerful than the 6hp, but more importantly it slows less under load.

You carn't be trying hard enough tony, i've stalled the xp on my 8074 out a few times. I have never run anything weaker than 1/2" plasma 12 on it though!

Ditto - I came close to stalling a few times before stopping and re-rigging. What about that time HfH had to extract you at Slindon? You remeber the one ;)