Clutch replacement

Well I was on a duel carrageway on saturday night and just as I got to the end the timing belt snapped on my 200tdi, The engine has had it as the head is cracked and the piston bores are scored, should be getting another disco lump by the weekend with a bit of luck so whilst its off the clutch can be done, Ive read somewhere on here about HD clutch plates ect off a 130.

can anyone shed any light on the subject or point me too the thread as ive looked for the last 15mins or so and cant find it.

Thanks

Dave.

Les should have a few on the shelf. He did last week.

My 110's just had this job done and it all works fine.

Although the old pressure plate was OK, the springs were shot. It was a Valeo (OE) plate.

In the words of my tame mechanic, 'just about good enough as a frisbee...'

thanks for that!

just got to get me a new engine now!

Dave.

have you got somewhere in mind ? if not try this number 01278741372 ask for andrew i think they might have one left

hope this helps

warren

I've got one of those in at the moment - I think it may need changing again soon after 18 months use - only about 20k miles but I only use it for playing and long trips heavily laden so not 'normal' use. No complaints with it.

The heavy duty clutch plates look just the same as standard but with bigger springs and more of them - I'll try one next but not sure it wont just make take up a bit more harsh than it already is - doesn't appear to be any difference in the friction material.

I think I saw that Britpart are now supplying 'heavy duty' strengthened clutch forks, not seen one yet though.