fuel pump misalignment on 300 tdi

Daan

Hello,

I saw this item on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-300TDi-MO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Now I have a 300 TDI and the tendency to break the cambelt due to this problem is known by most of us. mine has not been updated with the set. Spending a tenner here would be affordable. I also like the idea of not fixing something unless its broken. Or should I not loose sleep over this problem anyway? it currently has about 25.000 miles from new.

Daan

Daan the kits to changing the timing case is still available if you need one.

what is the chassis number? as you may only need kit 2 which has a new pullies/tensioner.

STC4095K Kit - Option 1 is to be fitted to vehicles in the following VIN ranges:

Discovery: MA 081991 to TA 200000

MA 500000 to VA 542370

TA 700000 to VA 711273

Defender: MA 939976 to VA 101256

Range Rover Classic: MA 647645 to MA 664120

STC4096K Kit - Option 2 is to be fitted to vehicles in the following VIN ranges:

Discovery: VA 542371 to VA 558898

VA 711274 to WA 748935

Defender: VA 101257 to VA 129096

Range Rover Classic: Not applicable

Additionally, ERR7143 Seal (Crankshaft Front) MUST also be fitted when fitting STC4096K Kit - Option 2 to vehicles in the following VIN ranges:

Discovery: VA 548520 to VA 558898

VA 716697 to WA 748935

Defender: VA 107351 to VA 129096

Range Rover Classic: Not applicable

not all 300's snap belts

Tony

Edited by white90

I'd pull the timing cover and see what has been done previously.

the crank pulley is the main change with in th ekits the rest is rectifying the damage done by a looney tightening up the FIP mountings incorrectly distorting the timing case causing the premeture belt wear.

I'd pull the timing cover and see what has been done previously.

Well, apart from changing the oil, absolutely nothing has been done to this engine. This was the whole point of buying a brand new one. Having a black box under the bonnet which I can trust.

I can see where you are coming from with this comment, but I am a bit reluctant to pull it all apart just to have a look. I do have the ability, following years of fxxxing about with old shxt boxes that were dying on their feet. :blink:

Daan

Replace the timing belt and buy a kit rather than the belt on it's own. This kit aligns the belt - note the crank sprocket with it's raised lip. The tensioners that were held by a bolt rather than a stud were supposedly in danger of working loose, so a stud and nyloc nut are also supplied to rectify this. It's important that you follow the instruction supplied with the kit.

med_gallery_2_28_610354.jpg

Les. :)