Is it bad to stall my 200tdi

Hello

I would like to know if it is bad for my 200tdi to stall. I am not saying I stall it but occasionally I do get the gears wrong and very nearly stall it. Reverse hill starts are one, or thinking you are in a different gear, realising you are in the wrong gear but push on through almost stalling.

As an engineer my guess that they would design the engine to be able to stall without there being any ill effect.

Does anyone know, does it unduely stress the engine to stall or even worse nearly stall.

Cheers

Eds

Hello

I would like to know if it is bad for my 200tdi to stall. I am not saying I stall it but occasionally I do get the gears wrong and very nearly stall it. Reverse hill starts are one, or thinking you are in a different gear, realising you are in the wrong gear but push on through almost stalling.

As an engineer my guess that they would design the engine to be able to stall without there being any ill effect.

Does anyone know, does it unduely stress the engine to stall or even worse nearly stall.

Cheers

Eds

Not a problem for a 200TDi Defender. LR Experience instructors demonstrate stalling as a hill climb fail method. If you are failing the hill back-off the throttle stall the engine, hold on foot brake, change gear to reverse, foot off clutch, start engine on ignition key, vehicle under control to descend hill. If LR teach that way must be OK :lol:

Not a problem for a 200TDi Defender. LR Experience instructors demonstrate stalling as a hill climb fail method. If you are failing the hill back-off the throttle stall the engine, hold on foot brake, change gear to reverse, foot off clutch, start engine on ignition key, vehicle under control to descend hill. If LR teach that way must be OK :lol:

they dont, they remind you to take your foot off the brake before you restart on the key

Tim

If you took yours offroad you'd know! At least mine got dirty tyres yesterday

Walfy a bit out of order, i would put money on the fact Tims has done more off road miles than yours.

Guest WALFY
Walfy a bit out of order, i would put money on the fact Tims has done more off road miles than yours.

I got the bite I was after but from someone different :P:P:P . Do you think I didn't realise that.