TD5 90 - FUSE BOX-SATELLITE (P109)

When I removed the truckcab and took the interior light out I seem to have somehow lost my 12V constant feed.

The trip meter is zeroing each time, no clock, no interior light and there is no constant 12v feed on stereo connector - so I'm sure it's gone. Now I'm assuming it's the 5v fuse that's gone rather than 4 wires simultaneously going! ;);) but it could also be something to do with alarm.

BUT - I can't find where the satellite fuse box is. I've checked out the passenger fuse box,and the under seat fuse box - but where is the satellite one?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I must get a workshop manual!! :)

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Steve

According to my RAVE the wiring on a post 2002 Td5 to the clock goes:

Battery > underseat fuse box link 1 100A > underseat fuse box link 2 60A > satellite fuse box fuse 30 5A > header 0287 > clock

Satellite fuse box is connectors C0595-1 and 0595-6 and these are in the fuse box in front of the transfer gear lever, it is in the bottom left hand block of fuses which is (right to left) fuses 28 to 36 so 3rd one in from the right. But elsewhere in the manual it says that fuse 30 is a 10A so not sure if it is 10A or 5A :blink:

What I do in such cases is just go through all the fuses in turn and make sure none of them is blown, it doesn't take that long and is often quicker than trying to fathom out a book which doesn't agree with itself!

Edited to add a screen grab as I decided my description sounded a bit like Greek :blink::D

fusebox.jpg

If you need anything else bung me your email address and I'll send some more screen grabs of the main wiring diagram through, it's easier than posting them on here!

Edited again to add that the radio permanent feed, clock and interior light all go through that fuse 30 according to the various wiring diagrams so that is probably the culprit - maybe you shorted something out when you took the cab off and blew the fuse?

If you need anything else bung me your email address and I'll send some more screen grabs of the main wiring diagram through, it's easier than posting them on here!

Edited again to add that the radio permanent feed, clock and interior light all go through that fuse 30 according to the various wiring diagrams so that is probably the culprit - maybe you shorted something out when you took the cab off and blew the fuse?

I thought it might be there, but there were no 5A fuses - why LR just doesn't refer to it also as a passenger fuse box I don't know, seeing as that's what the other are referred to! :rolleyes:

I'll pull 30 and check and if not it I'll check all others - cheers for the info guys.

I must have blown it somehow - but it is a connector and was just disconnected - nevermind I know how it all works now! :):)

Moving from the P38 back to a Defender, even a TD5 one the electricsare a doddle compared! ;););)

How do I get a copy of Rave and what PC O/S will it run on?

Cheers

Steve

Try Fuse No 7 under pas seat 20amp?

Hi Peter, cheers for response.

It was fuse 30, thanks Stephen and yes it is a 10AMP, hence when I was looking for a 5A as per circuit diagram. Not sure how I blew it though as it was a connector on interior lamp sorisk off short was low. Anyway I put a 7.5A in instead to see if there is an abnormal drain on this circuit.

Cheers

Steve