Carburettor for 1955 2-litre

JustTrev

Hello Oh Great & Wise Ones!

I rather urgently need a complete Carburettor for my 1955 2-litre 86-inch, including as much of the linkage as poss. No, I don't have one to exchange at Craddock's (& others) as someone else has the benefit of the original one!

I'd be quite keen on a full set of new hydraulic brake cylinders as well - should there be any out there, or if someone knows where a source is.

As time goes on, I might need a few other items....so all advice & info Very Gratefully Received!

-JustTrev.

try a company called Pegasus Parts, they're local to me and I've bought alot of Series 1 parts that aren't available at say Craddocks but cheaper than Dunsfold prices!

When i was running my 2ltr I found a 34ICH webber jetted for a 2.25 petrol made it go rather well, it'll bolt straight onto the manifold.

oh and welcome froma relative newbie.

Sorry for blatent plug.

I rather urgently need a complete Carburettor for my 1955 2-litre 86-inch, including as much of the linkage as poss. No, I don't have one to exchange at Craddock's (& others) as someone else has the benefit of the original one!

I'd be quite keen on a full set of new hydraulic brake cylinders as well - should there be any out there, or if someone knows where a source is.

If you eventually find a source for new S1 carbs please post it one here - I'd be interested too. I have also heard that the Webber intended for the later Series models actually suits the S1 rather better. They used to be cheap too - until Webber went bust. Sodbury (RIP) used to be a good source for knackered S1 carbs.

I'm sure I just fitted ordinary Series brake cylinders to my car - it stops ok!

Hi JT,

I have a selection of used S1 2 litre carbs, might be able to find some bit's of the throttle linkage too if you tell me which bits you are after. As mentioned above if you aren't doing a concours resto then the Weber off a SIII/IIA would work fine.

Cheers

Steveb