Tyre sizes

hattymender

Can 7.5x16s be run with 235/86x16s?

I've 4 235 85s on at the moment but one's flat and another 'marginal'. But I've also got a couple of good 7.5s. Are they near enough to run together? i.e. 7.5s on front and 235s on back?

I carry two 7.50s as spares when I`m running my 235/85s

so long as the tyres are the same on each axle ,I cant see any major dramas if any.

but a grown up will be along soon to confirm this or make me look stupid

Probably not as stupid as the expression on my face when I found the flat. Compounded with the classic words "it can't be, it was fine this morning"............

I spent a day off roading at 7Sisters and drove back to Bristol with three 235/85's and one 7.50 after getting a flat. No problems. I put the 7.50 on the front (flat was on rear) as I had a detroit locker in the rear. Note that 7.50's can vary quite a bit in size from smaller tham most 235/85's to bigger than most, my 7.50 was a touch smaller.

I know a chap who ran an old Jeep Cherokee on different sized tyres for months. It was properly scary and hilarious to ride in, too wide for the roads around here for a start before it started leaping across the road when the transmission wound up.

I drove our Disco 15miles home on 3 235/85s and one 235/70 a while back and it hardly felt odd at all.

Will :)