Challenge suspension + props

Hi,

After a little info as i have one of the kits on its way and i am now worrying about my props as i didn't order them to start with but now i have my car on axle stands i am begining to think i may have a problem with mine binding/locking solid.

Anyone running Gwyn's kit shed some light?? Will standard props bind with the 2 inch lift on articultion?? or would i just need to swap the back for one of his wide yokes??

any help would be great.

many thanks

They will both bind when the axle drops, The rear you will have to go wide angle, The front you might get away with just grinding some extra clearance in the transfer box end yoke, The small joint doesn't like working at the extreme of its movement but they do last OKish if you grease them regularly and change them at the first sign of wear.. Also check the sliding joint on the front, At full droop there's not much overlap left and if the sliding joint is worn it will cause problems.

To be honest, If you can afford them get both props, They are a much heavier duty prop, Longer sliding joint and bigger, Better UJ's. I have them both on mine and they are brilliant.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I will get a rear one ordered on monday then as by playing with it on axle stands is does look like an issue, as for the front i think i will see how it is once all fitted up, if anything i would like a double carden one but it depends on what i can get. if not another of gwyn's up front it will have to be.

cheers :P

They will both bind when the axle drops, The rear you will have to go wide angle, The front you might get away with just grinding some extra clearance in the transfer box end yoke, The small joint doesn't like working at the extreme of its movement but they do last OKish if you grease them regularly and change them at the first sign of wear.. Also check the sliding joint on the front, At full droop there's not much overlap left and if the sliding joint is worn it will cause problems.

To be honest, If you can afford them get both props, They are a much heavier duty prop, Longer sliding joint and bigger, Better UJ's. I have them both on mine and they are brilliant.

I will probably have a pair for sale later in the year (probably nearer the end) as im moving my engine and box plus lengthening the wheel base.

Thanks for the offer, i am going to get a rear one ordered as i recon it really will need it straight away. The front i will leave to see so if you do have the front on offer at somepoint i will definetly be very interested in taking it.

cheers again

joe

My trucks lifted around 3" & running on standard props. I have changed a few ujs but it does get some stick when competing.... I will say that I dont have any notable vibration probs, but I have had to change 2 diff due to bearing failure. Could this be down to the props not being wide angled & only 2uj type????

well i got the rear on its way now, front i want to see how runs for now.

And i not going as extreme as 3 inch as i dont really need it that high, but i would imagine it will give issues on uj's and diffs

cool, thanks for all the input.

I hoping the front wont really have a problem as i still have standard radius arms on. Not looking to be changing them yet though so hopefully they will limit it before the prop has issues.

Rear is all sorted now, ideally a double cardon is next purchase