timing belt mod 300tdi 1995

rocky

Hi, having replaced the headgasket on my disco, I think I'll do the cambelt. Got a quote from the main landrover garage and it isn't cheap. Does anyone have a picture of

the modification so i'll know what to look for when the cover is off. (before and after if i'ts not too much to ask, and fitting instructions for the mod please--if it needs it).

Regards, Rocky.

No photo but the original spec has a plain crankshaft pulley with no lips on the edge, and the "new" spec has a crank pulley with lips to retain the belt spot-welded onto the pulley. Some aftermarket pulleys are better, and are cast items with the lip cast as part of the pulley.

A vehicle of your age will need the full kit with the timing case, FIP bracket etc as well as the new pulleys.

See the new spec with modification here http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=6943

also see this http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=12788

I would be very surprised if yours still has the original parts fitted though - most will have failed and been modded a long time ago.

from memory you cant that hole is so you can insert the pump timing pin in and therefore telling you that number one cylinder is at top dead center,if your in doubt change the belt mate better to be safe than sorry