Polybush fitting

DC_

Mate of mine has just bought these for fitting to his defender, He is fitting them on his trailing arms but has a problem.When trying to fit the small pipe through the bushes when they have been pushed into place, is goes as far as the middle and then hits off the other bush as it has been squeezed smaller due to it being very tight. Is there an easy solution to this? he is thinking of cutting a small section out of the bush so the pipe will have a better chance of going through properly.

Sorry if this is a repeat question but i couldn't see it in the search facility.

DC

Bushes are meant to be tight, if a hand can push one in, a 2 ton Landy is going to flop about in it.

I bought a 10 ton hydraulic bench press off the bay of E for £130 so I can fit OEM ones (polys' are iffy on a landy or so I have read).

Makes life so much easier

Right tool for the job and all that

If your 'friend' can get the tube half way in then he might be able to go in through the other end with the handle of a spoon or similar to deform the bush enough to help you him get the tube through. Is there a chamfer on one end of the tube?

Chris

Ive just changed every bush for polybushes(GENUINE POLYBUSH - No someone who works in the factory and got them for me f.o.c.)I didnt encounter any problems fitting.The tubes on the originals are chamfered,and although a tight fit ,I didnt need to use a press to fit them.

Getting the old ones out though - that was a t~#t of a job.

Should be on the road soon ,that will be the real tester.

If your 'friend' can get the tube half way in then he might be able to go in through the other end with the handle of a spoon or similar to deform the bush enough to help you him get the tube through. Is there a chamfer on one end of the tube?

Chris

Trust me, if it was for me i wouldn't hide behind the "friend" tag. I have been on here before asking people for help,no need to be bashfull and all that, if i dont know things i search then i ask, no matter how silly it may appear ;)

The reason why i posted, was due to him just joining, and cant activate the search faciltiy at the moment. :(

Thanks all for the response i'll send him the replies so far.

DC

Ive just changed every bush for polybushes(GENUINE POLYBUSH - No someone who works in the factory and got them for me f.o.c.)I didnt encounter any problems fitting.The tubes on the originals are chamfered,and although a tight fit ,I didnt need to use a press to fit them.

Getting the old ones out though - that was a t~#t of a job.

Should be on the road soon ,that will be the real tester.

And I'm currenltly replacing Polybush with genuine rubber ones... I think PB are over rated.

Cheers

Marco