OBD? OBD2?

Fern

This is probably a well discussed question, but I don't know where to star from.

My discovery 1 '96 is OBD? OBD2? Where connector is located?

I want to buy a diagnostic tool but don't know which one do I need. Please point me the right materials and articles to start from. Thanx.

The 1995 OBD Port was not compatible with the standards, however the 1996 one might be if it was made to American Spec as I think it became compulsory on all American Spec vehicles from 1996 (but I might be wrong there)

On the UK spec vehicles it's just used for connecting up to the LR type diagnostics equipment, such as Testbook or Rovacom which costs thousands of pounds.

Do you know what spec your vehicle is in Ukraine?

For a Disco 1(none US market) the OBD socket will only allow access to the 10AS Alarm ECU. The socket, a 16 pin item, is at the bottom edge of the dash panel.

The engine management system, called hotwire, uses a 14CUX ECU and is not OBD compliant. The socket is behind the panel on the outside of the RHS footwell. Diagnostic access can be achieved by units such as Rovacom or Autologic. There may be other economic systems that claim compatibility but these two do work. Rovacom will also access the 10AS Alarm ECU.

jw

My car is from Germany in origin (European export), not US. If it's not OBD compatible then there is no sense to buy an OBD diagnostic tool. Thanks to all of you for the answers. BTW, I believe I've seen the connector when I have changed the alarm ecu.