Gwyn Lewis side exit exhaust

I am looking for the following from my 300TDI Defender:

to use the space where the rear exhaust box is for gear storage

and

to get a bit of extra zip from the engine

will fitting a gwyn lewis (or similar do this) but will the draw back be a v noisy vehicle or anything else I have missed?

Cheers

I fitted one yesterday, easy to do, I just mig'ed mine togeather as I carnt tig. I havent taken the car out for a spin as its still in bits but ran it on the drive and its not overly noisy when you rev it.

I would recomend one

l90truck, Do you not find that heats up the Rear wheel arch on long drives? I looked at having mine exit there but was nervous about the wheel arch melting with it being plastic.

Anyone have any other problems with removing the rear box? I guess the centre silencer filters it enough for the MOT?

Cheers

Matt

EDIT: I see now that is where the Gwyn Lewis Version exits so it must be fine :D - Anyone have the price of the GL Variant? Notice it's not on the website...

if your gettin one made get it made so it sticks out slightly about 1" or 2" this will get rid of the heat an also you wont end up with a big black stain down the back side like i do

but then mine is slighly tweaked up so black clouds are always a problem :)

dave