ZF Auto inhibit switch HELP

tomcat404

Well as the title says I have a 300 tdi auto the last of the 300's before the ecu's . I have fitted the engine and box from what I was lead to believe was a late classic tdi auto. every thing is spot on apart from wiring the auto inhibit. For competition reasons the vehicle must only start in Park and neutral. :huh:

There are 6 wires coming from the auto and tranfer box and so far I have managed to work the following out and all working so far:

Dark Green = live feed into the switch

Light green with brown trace reverse feed out

Black purple feed to the tranfer box, difflock light, black return out.

Black with light brown trace coming out which has a orange with black trace joined on at the end,

Seperate yellow wire too.

Any help would be really appreciated with this !! :o

cheers nathan

I can't remember the colur codes but when I done an auto install I simply identified the wires using a multi meter. There should be a pair that are closed when in neutral or park and open in all other gears. Wire these between ignition switch and starter relay.

I can't remember the colur codes but when I done an auto install I simply identified the wires using a multi meter. There should be a pair that are closed when in neutral or park and open in all other gears. Wire these between ignition switch and starter relay.

Hi Mark,

The two wires i have left were the yellow and the Black with the brown trace which is coupled to the orange and black a little further down on the bit of a loom.

It was this wire that is earthed in park and neutral, the yellow ? till tomorrow i suppose

thanks

nathan

Hello hello hello

And what competition are you entering Natham, best haircut or shiniest paintwork???? :hysterical::hysterical:

Boothy

Hello fella,

You know me never standing still, don't know if your aware but I have another addition to the family ! :rolleyes: little boy nearly a month ago ! given me time to swap the engines over an mess with the springs. The auto box inhibit has been pi^&ing me off all day I though I had it today !

Any hew whats this about v8 drinking more water than petrol ???? nice piccy !!

any thoughts on the wiring twiggy !!

nath ( shirley)

on my 1992 zf with bw t/case the wires are

black/orange- inhibit switch works to earth when in park neutral

green - feed green /brown- rev light

yellow- speed transducer

black/purp t/case temp works to earth

hope this helps tazza

on my 1992 zf with bw t/case the wires are

black/orange- inhibit switch works to earth when in park neutral

green - feed green /brown- rev light

yellow- speed transducer

black/purp t/case temp works to earth

hope this helps tazza

Hi Tazza, thanks for the info i'll try this week !

cheers

nath