Altering a Radiator?

Steve 90

I have a 90/110 TD rad to go in the truck with the rebuild. There's a small problem, as I have moved the rad tight against the steering box it wont fit. The bottom hose wants to be where the steering box is!!

Its a reasonably simple job to alter it to have both hoses on the L/H side with a division in the end tank between the hoses (as a 300 tdi rad its running now) Would it reduce cooling efficiency at all? I cant see it would but im known to be wrong far too often so I thought id ask the opinions of others.

cheers.

Steve.

I have a 90/110 TD rad to go in the truck with the rebuild. There's a small problem, as I have moved the rad tight against the steering box it wont fit. The bottom hose wants to be where the steering box is!!

Its a reasonably simple job to alter it to have both hoses on the L/H side with a division in the end tank between the hoses (as a 300 tdi rad its running now) Would it reduce cooling efficiency at all? I cant see it would but im known to be wrong far too often so I thought id ask the opinions of others.

cheers.

Steve.

good with a soldering iron? :lol:

100% confident in doing the alterations, We used to repair most rads "in house" before they all went plastic. The bit im not so sure of is the effect to the efficiency of the rad with coolant taking a different route. I dont think it will make a difference, Just seeing what others think. It would effectively be a radiator with half as many rows but twice as long!

Is that the one you run on your V8?

Yep.

Does it keep its cool OK, Even when hardly moving or working hard?

Yep - the fans have only come on full speed once, that was doing donuts on the beach in low box, fully laden with tools and spares. We just got a bit lost on the way back to camp, honest :unsure: