Buxton and district christmas challenge 29/30 NOV

MrHT

Right folks,

I've been doing a bit of mooching on the B&B issue, the local pubs right by the site i.e. The Knott and the Royal Oak, they DO NOT do B&B, but about a half a mile down the road towards Macclesfield, the Rushon Inn does, but only has 2 double rooms with double beds available for the Saturday night (cosy hey lovers) at £68 including breakfasts per room, I cannot recommend it either way because I don't know and have never set foot in the place.

Alternatively nearby are the towns of Congleton Cheshire (which is where I live, a place of highly intelligent gentleman with good looks and large members) which is about 5 miles away, or Macclesfield again about the same (but smaller members and not the looks), or Leek also 5 miles which is a bit smaller again and simpler.

If anyone requires any help or assistance please PM me and I will try to help as best I can. :P

Come on steve If you can't find some one I'm sure we can find find you some one to compete with. I'm hoping this one is going to be even beter

We'll I'd like to come up. We have a potential date clash which may or may not be an issue so until I have worked on that one I cant really commit to anything, But I am very keen. Also need to talk to Mark and see what he thinks. Then look for the other half of the team. I have someone in mind or alternatively Alan made a good suggestion for team mate at the weekend which could work out very well :D :D

when is the closing date for entries?

We'll I'd like to come up. We have a potential date clash which may or may not be an issue so until I have worked on that one I cant really commit to anything, But I am very keen. Also need to talk to Mark and see what he thinks. Then look for the other half of the team. I have someone in mind or alternatively Alan made a good suggestion for team mate at the weekend which could work out very well :D :D

Support the northern events, anyway we need to talk about these axles,

Carl.

Closing date for enteries is day before. Don't see the need to say hey you can't enter because your form is late.

But don't forget we can only accomadate 15 teams and the first place has been taken already.

Team 1

Dafyd Belton Co-driver TBC

Oh and don't tell me Steve it's the wife's birthday :lol: don't know how but mine said I could run the event on her's.

Chris will be without a car so it would be Si's if they do it. You four would be unstoppable. Bring it on :o:P

Well we'll see what happens and how things pan out, I'd like to come. If it looks promising I'll have a look round for a team mate but pretty sure I know a few that would come out for a weekend up north. Just hope it isn't full before we know if we can come.

I like team events. What format will it be? Do both trucks have to work together or are you free to just go and get on with it then add scores at the end?

Big emphsis on the word TEAM. you go round together you repair together.

I did say to someone at the last event that they could carry on but if they did there team mate could not join in again when there motor was fixed.

Same applies to this event.

Saturday will involve 6 hours of special stages followed by the evening meal then 4 hours of night punches. sunday will be 7 hours of straight punches maybe a special stage haven't decided yet.

The saturday specials will be 6 different sections form mantal to physical to out and out technical. there will be a few punches available for those wishing to do them as well.

How it worked was pick a ticket out of the bag some had 2 punch numbers on and some single, go do them then go back to punch control and then same again, we wer'nt shure about this way at first but it worked good becouse you know that no one else is in the punch, and after every 5 punches you got some ref numbers to a bonous punch,

Carl.

Hello, We would like to come up for the event, got two vehicles etc etc, currently both teams are not msa club members, so before we do an application thought Id best find out what the best thing to do is?? :blink: Thanks in advance.

Ben Burgess and Martin Steiner.

Send a PM to mrHT he is one of the event organisers so he will advise,

Carl.

Hello, We would like to come up for the event, got two vehicles etc etc, currently both teams are not msa club members, so before we do an application thought Id best find out what the best thing to do is?? :blink: Thanks in advance.

Ben Burgess and Martin Steiner.

hiya Ben

speak to mrHT as Carl said , but last time it was possable to join the BDLRC for £10 this gave you the MSA club cover

Dafydd (the same one you spoke to this morning, will be my trucks first comp on your shafts ,hope they dont break ;) )

http://www.badlrc.co.uk/membership.htm

this link will take you to our membership page for a form the 10 pound joining fee was for the day to cover the costs of msa paperwork involved in a non member.

I would advise joinging the club as our aim is to run more next year and probably some of the soon to be created northen series.

Get both forms in at the same time and send a letter explaining that you have sent your membership off and we'll sort out the member numbers at this end.

• 2 weeks later...

Current entry forms are

1.Nick Bird -co-driver Ian Jones

DAFydd Belton and TBA

2.Chris Booth and Thomas Booth

Glyn Yates and ? (Entry not yet received)

3.Chris Cater David Atkins

Dave Green ?

Come on Guy's you've all said your coming so please can you get your forms in.

time is ticking lady and gentalmen. we still have 11 places left the more the merrier.

Plus if I only get 10 teams I can adjust timings for specials and add more but I'd just like to know because they take more than 5 min to get set out and arranged.

BUT I WANT 15 TEAMS