Two piece doors

Morning all,

I have a tidy set of the early 110 & military two piece doors, which have both windows slide & are made of alloy so won't rust (I'm led to believe). Its fantastic to be able to play offroad with no doortops, but there appears to be a rubber seal between the top & bottom parts of the door. Mine are well manky by now - are these a 'proper' part &, if so, can anyone give me the part number or recommend where to get some more?

Ta in advance, Paul ;)

Guest diesel_jim

It's part # MTC6224, same for both sides.

If you want to do it really properly, then there's also a small "pad" at each end, MTC7549 for the long one (goes towards the rear of the door) and MTC7550 short, for the front.

where abouts they actually go, don't know.

It's part # MTC6224, same for both sides.

If you want to do it really properly, then there's also a small "pad" at each end, MTC7549 for the long one (goes towards the rear of the door) and MTC7550 short, for the front.

where abouts they actually go, don't know.

The pads sit in the rubber drain channel to stop the water running down the bolts, needless to say it doesn't work. I put a very small dab of black rtv either side of the bolt holes. If you have a moment and decide to do the entire strip with rtv like I did it will not work. When you sandwich the door back together it sqishes all the rtv blocking all the drain holes :huh:

Best to use a few dabs and let it touch dry before assembly.

P.S I covered the bolts in lithium grease/waxoyl as they get older the bolts rust and expand jamming the tube and eventually break off.

do you have a part no. for the bolts Jim?

P.P.S I think the original door tops are steel not ally. The replacement series ones you can buy are ally.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
P.P.S I think the original door tops are steel not ally. The replacement series ones you can buy are ally.

Correct, the original 'standard' ones are steel - but the military door tops are ally. They seem to fetch as much second hand as the Rocky Mountain replacements though.

The original doortops for early 110s and military are indeed made in ally. Quite different from the Series doortops. I changed the seals a while ago and it seems that the original type is no longer available. What I received was another kind where the mentioned pads don't fit. Maybe they are made for Wolf? Anyway, they didn't quite fit my doors, so I ordered seals for Series instead. They where also different than before, but possible to use. Together with substantial blobs of silicone...

The felt seals for the windows used to be eye wateringly expensive in the past, but now the company selling "quality parts for Land Rover" has OEM strips for reasonable money. The parts book says that 12 pcs are needed for both doors, but that isn't true for my ex-MoD 110. 8 did the trick, the bottom slide rides on plastic blocks, not felt.

I was convinced mine were steel but after chipping 15 coats of paint off I can see they are ally now. :rolleyes:

Have you got details (company,part no's) for the felt seals Lars? as my windows rattle on idle like you wouldnt believe.

I got some "replacement" seals from my LR spares place but they were too thick (wind up window type?)

Pete