gearing for 35" tyres

timmymac

hi i have fitted 35" mudzillas to my range rover and dont seem to have much power is there an easy fix or is different differential gearing the only option iwould be glad off any advice
hi change the t-box from a 122 to a 144 that will help a bit

hi change the t-box from a 122 to a 144 that will help a bit

ok thanks do you think that the engine could be an issue it currently has a non-turbo 3l mazda engine but im not sure of the output figures it seems to run fine just a bit smokey on start up

ok thanks do you think that the engine could be an issue it currently has a non-turbo 3l mazda engine but im not sure of the output figures it seems to run fine just a bit smokey on start up

dont no any thing about oil burners, v8 man my self but i do no this will help as running 35s my self with 411 crown wheel & pinions

dont no any thing about oil burners, v8 man my self but i do no this will help as running 35s my self with 411 crown wheel & pinions

ok cheers ill give it a try would like to go the v8 route myself if i could find a engine at a good price

ok cheers ill give it a try would like to go the v8 route myself if i could find a engine at a good price

I know someone who has a 3.9 V8 for sale. I would imagine it would be a good price but depends on what you think is a good price.

changing the transfer box will help on the road but offroad it with be too high geared for the tyres since all the transfer boxes have the same low ratio. At the end of the day chaging the ring and pinions is the only real way to get your gearing back. The mazda motor should be plenty powerful enough. You may be able to tweak the pump a little but know jap stuff it will be preset for low emissions.

Same as above also the 4.11 R&P will bring the gearing in hi & lo range to near standard. I got mine from Ashcroft, not cheap but good & strong. Don't try and fit the 4.75 from a Series as they are made of cheese.. ;)

i have 34"Simex in combination of 1.4Transfer box, V8 and autobox and there is no problem with power. Even in low range. Autogerabox can compensate this quite good.

Now i am thinking about putting there 4.11 R&P from ashcorft. But only because i destroyed R&P in my rear diff( ARB)( someone who was building diff forgot to put thread adhesive on screws on ring :angry: ). Now i need to buy either one std ratio or two 4.11 ratio R&P and put back my old Transfer box.

ok i live right down the south east near the channel tunnel so a bit to far away . thanks anyway though

He sometimes delivers for the cost of the fuel, you never know he might do you a good deal with delivery if your really interested.

He sometimes delivers for the cost of the fuel, you never know he might do you a good deal with delivery if your really interested.

yeah the idea off the v8 interests me but i still cant get over the idea that they are not so good with water. diesels are so easy to get water proof , what are your opinions as i keep getting warned away but cant let go off the idea. also do you now the engine's history and how many miles etc and does it come with alternator starter and so on

cheers tim

yeah the idea off the v8 interests me but i still cant get over the idea that they are not so good with water. diesels are so easy to get water proof , what are your opinions as i keep getting warned away but cant let go off the idea. also do you now the engine's history and how many miles etc and does it come with alternator starter and so on

cheers tim

Well I've got a V8 & I've been modifying the dizzy etc so it is as waterproof as I can get it, seems to be doing ok in deep water, I did get a bit of a splutter but that was before I finished modding it. Check out this vid of mine in deep water, mines the green one by the way, there was only two rangies there mine & a blue diesel bobtail.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEDY7P8Vps&...feature=related

As regards to the engine, I think its got 120k on it & its just the engine for sale with no bits.

Well I've got a V8 & I've been modifying the dizzy etc so it is as waterproof as I can get it, seems to be doing ok in deep water, I did get a bit of a splutter but that was before I finished modding it. Check out this vid of mine in deep water, mines the green one by the way, there was only two rangies there mine & a blue diesel bobtail.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEDY7P8Vps&...feature=related

As regards to the engine, I think its got 120k on it & its just the engine for sale with no bits.

yeah looks good so it can be done it coped fine have found a local engine at a good price but thanks for the help. i think that maybe the diffs should be the first job and dont have the money for both .its one of those decisioins not sure what way to go diesel or v8? but i supose time will tell . nice area you live near where are you from.

cheers tim