Fitting a tdi in my TD 90

:o

I'll have you know I was no such thing! There were no body kits, bling alloys, or cathodes in sight! :P

It was a lovely car, quiet, fast and would do 70mph pretty much idling in fifth. Great fuel-efficiency :)

It's still in my garage at the moment, my dad is keeping it as a spare car, hopefully I can buy it back off him to use as a daily driver one day :lol:

ok, i think i have managed to track down a decent 300tdi from a disco...well in fact its a complete disco....also have volunteers to help with the conversion.

please tell me its possible to fit the entire 300tdi lump, gearbox and transfer box onto the 90, the reasons for this, is that the 90's gearbox is not great, and the transfer box is leaking from the plate at the bottom with all the bolts in it.

is there anything else that i need to get....electric fan etc? does the conversion kit for the 200tdi disco -> 90 still need to be got?

and guides, tutorials would be greatly appreciated...also if anyone would like parts from a 2.5TD give me a shout (that is if the swap is do'able)

ok, i think i have managed to track down a decent 300tdi from a disco...well in fact its a complete disco....also have volunteers to help with the conversion.

please tell me its possible to fit the entire 300tdi lump, gearbox and transfer box onto the 90, the reasons for this, is that the 90's gearbox is not great, and the transfer box is leaking from the plate at the bottom with all the bolts in it.

is there anything else that i need to get....electric fan etc? does the conversion kit for the 200tdi disco -> 90 still need to be got?

and guides, tutorials would be greatly appreciated...also if anyone would like parts from a 2.5TD give me a shout (that is if the swap is do'able)

the engine and transfer box can be used but dont think you can use the disco gearbox. so you would need to either find an r380 defender box or lt77 defender box and make that fit.

i thought the r380 could be used, but would mean the loss of the centre seat and the fabrication of the centre tunnel.....but i'm most likely getting confuddled with too much reading and a lack of understanding

Disco gearbox stick position is different to the Defender box. You will find that the Disco box will put the gearstick too far back to be comfortable. You can convert them, and someone on here posted that he had done it, but it's not just nuts and bolts.

Disco transfer box ratio is 1.2 (as opposed to 1.4, which you have at present), so might might make the gearing too high - especially if you have monster tyres or like to pull away a bit sharpish :)

[disclaimer] not 100% sure on those ratios ^^^[/disclaimer]

Les.