Wheels on Army 'Defenders'.

Well, then, I happen to have some more info on the Silverline Blindo wheels.

The Blindo wheel is available in Military Sand or Anthracite Competition finish and the wheels are £149 each + vat.

The Anthracite Competition finis is the one on their website.

So long,

Robert

• 10 months later...

one of the main reasons is to do with the way steel wheel blow apart and alloy dosnt when it runs over a mine not so much weight issues more to do with the fact that mainy injurys are from the vehicle rather than the mine its self

as to the rest of the comment

the kit we get is grate but to heavy even the vehicles are to heavy the current snatch and wmik are still running a standerd 300tdi engine because the army will not upgrade this is even though they have added about 2 tonne of weight and both are now a cat c to drive but with the snatches the older v8s were actualy better the only down side was fuel but the v8 had more power and a better getaway speed, but as for getting way its harder to hit a person on there feet than in a tin box tbh only form of transport i trust are my boots ;)

There's no point upgrading a 10-15 year old fleet that is being replaced in this role by jackal et al, and cat c for landies, your MT officer having your eyes out mate. (He probably just can't be bothered loading you on a FAM course :D Only Jackal is Cat C mate. ;) (Actually, the Pinz based WMIK variant (Cougar?) might be cat C as well).