Strange indeed

Bull Bar Cowboy

Chris was close with the exhaust and centrifugal force…… ;)

The boot on the front prop sliding joint had a very tiny split in it, also the boot was a little soft and perished when compared to a new one.

We now know that at road speeds of 100+ the boot was rubbing on the exhaust which is a good 6 inches away from the prop…………. We can only assume that air was being forced into the tiny split and the boot was then expanding like a balloon…………this together with the centrifugal force of the rotating prop was causing it to distort and stretch enough to rub the exhaust ………. which incidentally is quite hot at those sort of revs and load.

The nature of the fault became apparent when the boot disintegrated…….. causing much noise and a change of underwear…….. :blink:

Si,

Hang on to the jigs for the moment...........I can always turn up some more if i need them in a hurry.....I expect Ian H will need them next :ph34r:

Missed you at Tescos ........... LR or works car ?

BTW: Cully Traffic had a shock in the wee hours when I passed them on my way home from a late evening customer meeting in Oxford............. I just got a flash of the lights and then they caught me up............. wagging a finger with a big grin :lol:

BTW: Cully Traffic had a shock in the wee hours when I passed them on my way home from a late evening customer meeting in Oxford............. I just got a flash of the lights and then they caught me up............. wagging a finger with a big grin :lol:

:lol: I might have had a simerlar incident in the Lotus at 'cruising speed' on a dual carriageway at the weekend involving an unmarked hot Skoda ( :unsure: ) which gave me a quick flash before disapperaing at a significantly higher speed than I'd been doing.

Seriously Ian, 100+ in a Land Rover is totally loopy. I won't have rubber boots on my props so that shouldn't cause problems. :ph34r: