Bonnet Lock?

Jon White

Anyone know if its possible to change the lock barrel on an early defender (external release) bonnet lock?

My parts book only shows the complete lock assembly as one part. Anyone got a different part number or know where to get one from?

Alternately anyone got a spare bonnet lock barrel (with keys)?

Cheers

Jon

would it match the Lucas ignition switches? if so then it's one little hole in the side that you push a small nail or something into when you have turned the key to the unlock position, you then pull the key and the barrel comes with it (fingers crossed). If not, 3/16 drill and a 1/4 drill removed mine as I had no keys from the dealership

would it match the Lucas ignition switches? if so then it's one little hole in the side that you push a small nail or something into when you have turned the key to the unlock position, you then pull the key and the barrel comes with it (fingers crossed). If not, 3/16 drill and a 1/4 drill removed mine as I had no keys from the dealership

One minor problem there Rob - I aint got the keys hence the need to change it!

Looks like I'll have to pull it apart then and see what it looks like.......

Jon

if it is the same as the ignition, and the door lock barrels, then releasing the barrel without the key inserted sends the workings of the lock into several high orbits, and requires the purchase of a new barrel...

Removing the key from a barrel which is not in lock has the same effect...

you can probably guess how I know! :blink::huh::o

Mark

One minor problem there Rob - I aint got the keys hence the need to change it!

Looks like I'll have to pull it apart then and see what it looks like.......

Jon

Drills it is then ;) your then have an idea how these things get stolen so easily :blink: