Wolf Sioux 50L Compressor suitable for Rust proofing

Madcowz

Hi,

I had a go at spraying some Waxoyl last weekend with the little pump hand gun that comes in a kit and apart from dribbling some on the dog it was next to useless.

I think the only way to do this properly is with a compressor, but knowing nothing about them I seek your advice.

Would the Wolf Sioux 50L Air Compressor Kit be suitable for this and other jobs around the Land Rover?

* Air displacement 9.5cfm

* 2.5HP, 230V motor

* 50 litre air receiver

* MWP 116psi

* Fully automatic control

* Fitted with fully adjustable air outlet pressure regulator

* Noise level - 97dbA

http://www.wolf-online.co.uk/product.asp?i...mp;type=special

Or should I go for something else? As always, funds are low and I want the most for the least.

Thanks.

Looks OK to me. 2.5HP is fine, a 9cfm is not huge, but OK for most stuff provided you don't want to run a rattle gun all day long. It's direct drive, so it's going to be noisy, but quieter drives are going to be more expensive. 50L is a good size tank, imho, so I would say that it is a pretty good choice.

Mark

i bought the same compressor...had bad experience with the first one, as it arrived faulty...but can't fault their support, they had shipped another out to me the next day...

the one i bought came with a kit, which included a sprayer...and mixed up some waxoyl black underseal and white-spirits to make a nice consistency as was able to spray it onto a sump guard that had started to become rusty (after prep'ing it), came out very nice indeed.

have also used a rattlegun on it no bother, although i loosened the nuts first, and then tightented them after using the gun, no complaints really.

from empty to full, it will rattle for on for about 2-3mins....i've mine in the garage and with the door closed you can hear it, but its not as loud... if you were next to it, that would be a different matter.

For £50 more they now do a V-twin 50L compresser 3hp 14cfm...???

If that was out when I got mine that's what I would have went for but I'm happy enough with the sioux for my needs at the moment...

The trouble is that every time I am going to buy something I always see a better model that is only £X more and does Y better. I then end up spending twice as much as I wanted

:rolleyes:

If you are happy enough with this one then I think it will do me fine. I only really need it for rust proofing and maybe respraying at some stage. I am sure I will find more things I can do it with it as I use it.

thanks,

mad

• 6 months later...

I got the original one you listed [but with twin outlets] from Screwfix when they flogged off all the wolf stuff, before they switched to stocking Draper. It's quite noisy, but it's run spray guns, a grit blaster with no problems. A spray gun at 35PSI empties the tank enough for the compressor to kick in after 5 mins. HTH.