Defender Gear Lever

So I've organised what gauges I need and how to fit the senders, now I offered up the new Mud Console to the dash to check out the position for the gauges, switches and radio and I've noticed that every time I select 1st, 3rd or 5th I'm going to smack the console with my knuckles and more than likely retune to Radio 1 :blink: (anything but that, please!).

I'm sitting there trying to work out if I can bend the gear lever away from the dash, but it's such a heavy piece of steel rod I'd need to heat it first I reckon....... unless it's possible to purchase a cranked lever? Anybody seen or done anything like this before?

Thanks

Rob

So I've organised what gauges I need and how to fit the senders, now I offered up the new Mud Console to the dash to check out the position for the gauges, switches and radio and I've noticed that every time I select 1st, 3rd or 5th I'm going to smack the console with my knuckles and more than likely retune to Radio 1 :blink: (anything but that, please!).

I'm sitting there trying to work out if I can bend the gear lever away from the dash, but it's such a heavy piece of steel rod I'd need to heat it first I reckon....... unless it's possible to purchase a cranked lever? Anybody seen or done anything like this before?

Thanks

Rob

You've got some movement on the gearlever itself don't forget - lift the rubber gaiter and loosen the pinch bolt - you can then rotate the lever on it's mount to suit.

If that's not suitable, remove the lever and heat it as you say. I had to do that with my old RRC when I changed the centre console.

Matt

I too end up changing radio stations occationaly when selecting 1st and 3rd, I have my radio in the middle of the three slots on the MUD console. I've sort of got used to it but I will look for the adjustment as suggested, a bit more clearence would be nice.