Best 35" remoulds?

Trooper Cooper

There's not many 35 inch re-moulds around due to problems getting a steady supply of carcases. Some budget options I've seen:

Lewis 4x4 were advertising Khumo KL71s 35x12.5x15 for £370 a set of 4 in one of the Landrover magazines, The Khumo mud terrain was even less at £360 for 4.

You can even get BF Goodrich 35x12.5x15 for about £500 for 4 from Devon 4x4

The cheapest I've seen for 16" wheels is the Hankook RT03 from Silverline (it's a 315/75/16 which is about 35x12.5x16) which were £650 for 4 a while back.

Also try second hand. A while back a set of 30% worn BF Goodrich all terrains in 35x12.5x16 on Toyota wheels went for £180 for 4.

Hi all :)

Just wondering what you all considered to be the best value for money from 35" remould offroaders, as we're now looking for some for our project A-Reg LR110. Any recommended brands or suppliers?

Thanks!

Surely you want to be talking to this guy on ebay.

marshal muds

I'm not really advocating the tyre, but he does seem to have some good offers on.

He was very helpful when I emailed him, and I didn't buy anything, yet.

More of a choice for 35" tyres in the 15" rim size it seems.

If you can get them the Fedima option is the best that i've seen. I have been running my set for about 4 years now, I may still buy another set as it seems impossible to get anything else in any decent size.

When you say youve been running your set for 4yrs, is that the same set? Ill be well pleased if they last that long

Adrian

When you say youve been running your set for 4yrs, is that the same set? Ill be well pleased if they last that long

Adrian

Ask him how many miles he has done in 4 years though. And of those, how many on tarmac. Only JST uses his car less then Nick! :P

Chris

A lot of the choice comes down to what your using the vehicle for, roughly whats your split of off road to road mileage / usage? :unsure:

My personnal choice would be to go for the Fedima Trial Ade's if you can get them..... :rolleyes:

clicky ere

Not sure what the supply situation is with Fedima tyres but they are awesome (in a bogger pattern type of way!)!! :D

I have run the same set for 4 years, it is true that they have done about 50 miles on tarmac in that time. To be fair they is no less tread depth than new but the lugs are round rather than square due to rock damage.

Fedima 35 vs Simex 35 are taller.......

forum2g.jpg

And while we're at it, the numbers on the tyre.......

forum2h.jpg

Just for good measure the 'e' mark.......

emark.jpg