Air compressors

landmannnn

I was in netto/aldi/lidl, can't remember which, they do a 2hp 24lt 8cufm compressor for £50.

If you bought 2 and tee'd them to a single output, would that give you the equivalent of a 4hp, 16 cfm, 50 litre compressor for £100?

Obviously the psi wouldn't change.

In theory it seems a good way of boosting cufm to run more hungry tools for not a lot of money. Have I missed something?

youll need a non return valve fitted to the outlet of each or one will mess the other up but we sometimes use 2 250cfm compressors toghether into one receiver for shotblasting so no probs as long as a non return is fited on each outlet ,chris.

You'll need a non-return valve if you only run one at a time - otherwise you'll pump up the tank of the non-running one (which you may want to do) Alternatively shut its output manually.

As both will be constructed to work against the back pressure contained in the tank I can't see that any other modification is needed.