Wensleydale lanes 23rd

Anderzander

Knew I couldn't make the forum trip as I was working Saturday and my wife was working sunday night - so went closer to home in the Dales.....

http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/workout...ex.do?id=537439

Try this out. Its a GPS recording of the route - well until the battery ran out!

It shows the route with the photo's where they were taken. You can also look at the photos in the bottom right of the page - which is easier actually. They can get a bit congested on the map.

You can also change the graph to show altitude and if you trace your mouse along the graph it will show the time and move a little yellow dot around the route to show where it was.

Good hey?

Have to say it was a fantastic day - snow and blue skies and good company - a killer combination.

No competitions, plenty of support and good banter.

Thanks for the interest guys!

I think there are more than a few ways to do this - but I think this is the simplest.

A camera phone that runs with the Symbian S60 operating system - you can then download Sportstracker (which is what I've used here) for free. You install it on your phone and create an online account.

If your phone has built in GPS the software will use that to record the route, if not you can get a bluetooth GPS 'dongle' thing - which is about £40 and actually is more powerful.

Then take your pics or movies with the phone camera as you go along and it'll time stamp them so they can be picked up in the 'sportstracker' recording.

Its all very easy to use. It was designed for running and cycling and hiking - but lends itself particularly well to green laning.

I have an N95 8GB phone. It has a 5 or 6 mega-pixel camera - but more importantly has an excellent lense. It takes better pics than these show - although in fairness its always hard to take good pics from a bouncing defender!

If you get one of these there is another great piece of mapping gps software called viewranger that I'd recommend.

If anyone was interested in getting a set up like mine I'm very happy to help in anyway I can.

Here are a couple more pics:

Few more pics!

DSCF5034.jpg

DSCF5038.jpg

DSCF5039.jpg

DSCF5045.jpg

I also use Garmin on it too as a road based GPS - I'm getting my money's worth out of it!

• 5 weeks later...