Rave

patpat

First things first, Thankyou PatPat for this posting.

I have registered with the site and used Google Translate to read the original post, which I'm guessing is your work as well.

Should we be thanking Alison Rogers as well :-)

I have waited until I received the Authorisation email from the site, then logged in, but I still do not have permission to download the file. I notice there had been 124 'Reads' of the post, but no file downloads had taken place, which I find strange.

I have looked round the site and see it is a very new Forum, and this post is the only one I have found with a file attachement.

Could it be that no ordinary user has permission to download files?

I have tried to place a Comment against the original post, but I don't have permission to do that either.

Regards

PS, I have sent a PM on the LandRoverTec site to the author of the post on there, so watch this space!!

David,

it will be interesting if you can indeed download this "freeRAVE" crack that they have and 2, if it works on the later versions of RAVE. RAVE up to 2003/06 are crackable but I've not be able to figure out how to do it after that date on the Cd's.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,

Todd.

Do you really have RAVE CDs dated after 2003?

Sorry to sound disbelieving, but I understood the RAVE CD was stopped shortly after the introduction of the L322 Range Rover.

Version 19-1 has an issue date of 01/07/03 (Seen in the Index of the Technical Bulletins section).

I have been told the last one was version 20, although I haven't seen one.

Cheers.

2004 is the last edition: positively I've got the italian 2004 edition, which expires on july 2004.

The opening screen says (or should I say "reads"...) that it's the last edition, and from then on all the techstuff will only be available on line, both for dealers and general public.

I'd love to crack this 2004 rave, without having to reset the pc clock...

David,

I would think that the version I have are accurate, as I copied the originals. 2003/06 I was able to crack it, then the last version for 2003 is the 2003/11, which I can't get into. :(

As Silvio stated, there is one version in 2004 dated 2004/03. I have one of the cd's so my copy is not complete nor can I get into it. :angry:

lets see and hope that this crack thats on that forum is something that can be used on the later cd's.

Cheers,

Todd.

I still do not have permission to download the file.

PS, I have sent a PM on the LandRoverTec site to the author of the post on there, so watch this space!!

To answer this point, if you are tempted to sign up for the site, and are an English speaker, make your FIRST action a Scroll down to the very bottom of the screen. Here you get a dropdown language selection box, choose Spanish or US English.

It doesn't actually say US English, but UnServicable English is just so appropriate to English (United States) that I prefer that setting!!.

Next complete the registration. Do include your date of birth in the boxes that obviously take a date. If you put 'todays' date, as I did, you are registered as a minor. A giveaway is that you are asked for a Tutor's email address (Tutor = Parent Guardian) if you don't put the correct date. Of course, it's only a giveaway now you know the answer!!

Silvio, Tuko,

When you go into 'What's New', what version number is shown?

Like this sample: What's-New-v19.jpg

Dave,

Just checking I have V016-1, which I just pulled from 2003/06 cd1.

Like I said, I can't run the 2003/11 nor the 2004 cd's so I have no idea what is on them.

Todd.

Dave,

Just checking I have V016-1, which I just pulled from 2003/06 cd1.

Like I said, I can't run the 2003/11 nor the 2004 cd's so I have no idea what is on them.

Todd.

Where is that '2003/06 cd1' designation coming from?

I don't recall it being within the CD itself.

Is this what someone, who has copied the CD, has called it?

Of course, v16 is a hard example to crack, as it has no Technical Bulletins on it, and it was in the Technical Bulletins Menu that I found an actual Issue date.

Version 17/01 has an Issue date of 4/10/2002 in the Technical Bulletins Menu.

Todd.

As a matter of interest, have you tried changing the date of your PC to any month in 2002, and then running the rave.exe on these CD's? (I'm assuming you can see via Windows Explorer that these have a similar format to the v16 CD you can read?).

You don't have to reboot the PC, just ensure Adobe is closed, change the date, then fire up rave.exe.

Don't forget to change the date back, or people receiving emails get very sniffy.

Cheers

Guest diesel_jim
Jim, you are a man of few words! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yeah.... :blink::blink:

I was trying to do something, it wouldn't work and i was going to try something else, then couldn't be arsed. So just added the "." to remove all my text.

David,

it will be interesting if you can indeed download this "freeRAVE" crack that they have and 2, if it works on the later versions of RAVE. RAVE up to 2003/06 are crackable but I've not be able to figure out how to do it after that date on the Cd's.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers, Todd.

I have applied the FreeRave application to a version 19 CD.

Previously I had to alter the PC date to 2002 to open this version. I didn't do it regularly because I have an early 38A and didn't need the 2002 information, so used a version 12 or 13 CD, which opens with the PC set to the current date.

After the v19 CD had been freed, if I use Rave.exe to initiate RAVE, then it opens with Adobe Reader v4, as normal.

If I use Welcome.pdf to initiate RAVE (the file is in the same folder as rave.exe) then RAVE opens with the installed Adobe Reader, which happens to be version 5 on that PC. All the book marks and indexing (in the LH column) is available as standard. I haven't tried every facility, but Search works.

Note that if you don't already have a utility to extract files from a RAR archive you will need to get one. WinRAR was the one I had installed.

It only takes a few seconds to extract the files from the archive, but the real work is done after you subsequently open RAVE via rave.exe, and start the process. It took 30 minutes to convert this version, during which time the PC was unusable. I also took the PC off-line while this was going on.

Cheers

David is right, the process is CPU demanding, just think of decrypting roughly 600 Megs....

When the process is finished the exe files and the Acrobat4 directory are not needed any longer; they can be erased.

Now the web site has an English translation of the article and a video showing how Rave is used after the conversion...

This post was good for knowing I have very old versions, can I say that the 19 is the last version? is that set available somewhere ?

thanks

patpat

... can I say that the 19 is the last version? is that set available somewhere ?

thanks

patpat

No, we can't say 19 is the last version, as Tuko's 2004/03 may be later, (but is currently unreadable).

I've suggested a work-around, so let's wait and see about that, and also wait and see if we can find an English language example of Silvio's 'expires July 2004' version.

If those two approaches fail (wait and see) I can let you have a copy of both v19 disc contents.

Cheers

No, we can't say 19 is the last version, as Tuko's 2004/03 may be later, (but is currently unreadable).

I've suggested a work-around, so let's wait and see about that, and also wait and see if we can find an English language example of Silvio's 'expires July 2004' version.

If those two approaches fail (wait and see) I can let you have a copy of both v19 disc contents.

Cheers

I guess Tuko's and Silvio's version will be readable after the process

here you can see a March 2004 Rover & MG Rave that was unreadable...

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1230/rave2004bx8.jpg

now it's free...

an interesting thing is that after the process every file shows its creation date

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6726/ravedatedm6.jpg

NOTE: the article link has changed to

http://www.landrovertec.com/showthread.php?t=90

patpat