Flexi Exhaust

Tractorboy16

Hi,

Im just coming to fitting the exhaust on the hybrid and an wondering has anyone ever used flexi exhaust for the land rovers and if so where did you get it from?

I need some to get my 2.8TD isuzu exhaust over to the passenger side as you may know i come out of the engine on the drivers side.

any help appreciated.

Many thanks

James

I used some on my V8 to go from the Y piece to over the axle, so I coud tuck it up and hopefully it would stand a bang from a branch or rock etc.

It's been on 2 years now and done all the Howlin Wolf's bar one and a few more events as well, and its been absolutely brilliant, cannot fault the stuff.

Chris

bit too late now, but depending on what your engine mount position is, andy at engineconversions.co.uk sells a new downpipe which connects isuzu engine to land rover mid sectiondropping down and then shifting to the other side of the chassis infront of the gearbox crossmember.

its not the finest piece of flow engineering and i eventually heated mine and reformed it a bit to tuck the exhaust system out of the way, but if does save a bit of hassle.

i think mine cost about £70, which is a lot compared to a land rover exhaust system, but it saved a lot of time.

i'll use it as a template in a while to get one made with better bends at some point. i think i'll also add a flexi joint as i believe that lack of free movement in the exhaust is causing an annoying drne at 3000 rpm. unfotunately that's a fairly ideal rpm to sit at on motorway and a roads.

i think you'll get a better flowing exhaust making yor own though, so its probably worthwhile. i'd take the opportunity to make sure you can tuck your exhaust up out of the way and ensure it has adequate movement to prevent annoying noise.