Guess what this is?

Yes, it is an old drop arm ball pin used to get the inner thingy out. I don't understand what you are saying about a 300tdi as this tool is from and is to be used on 300tdi Defenders. Maybe the Disco is different.. And changing the drop arm! I don't know anyone who has managed to get one off :o

Anyway, many folks can't get the bush out of the drop arm so leave it behind. This is a mistake as the bush is softer than the pin and wears faster.

Of course, getting all the bits and springs and plates back into the drop arm is a story to itself :blink:

Of course, getting all the bits and springs and plates back into the drop arm is a story to itself :blink:

Small bottle jack with a socket on top to push the bottom plate up against the spring while you slip the circlip in makes the job much easier.

Yes, it is an old drop arm ball pin used to get the inner thingy out. I don't understand what you are saying about a 300tdi as this tool is from and is to be used on 300tdi Defenders. Maybe the Disco is different.. And changing the drop arm! I don't know anyone who has managed to get one off :o

Anyway, many folks can't get the bush out of the drop arm so leave it behind. This is a mistake as the bush is softer than the pin and wears faster.

Jim

The later Discovery have a different drop arm and drag link.The drag link has track rod ends at both ends.

Sorry but I have no idea which year they started to fit that arrangement.

I eat rat poisonThey increased my dosage again today

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!

Small bottle jack with a socket on top to push the bottom plate up against the spring while you slip the circlip in makes the job much easier.

Yes, true, that is the only way to do it... and then boing!!!! and the whole lot goes in all directions :o

It is good training in swear words of various sorts. Oh well, you have to have a sense of humour if you do this sort of job in a Land Rover :rolleyes:

Yes, true, that is the only way to do it... and then boing!!!! and the whole lot goes in all directions :o

It is good training in swear words of various sorts. Oh well, you have to have a sense of humour if you do this sort of job in a Land Rover :rolleyes:

:lol: yep, its a Land Rover thing.

I have never had any trouble getting the drop arm off, just undo the nut, fit a puller and it comes off every time.

I have done all of mine this way, without any problems at all.

No doubt next time I do this job, I will get the drop arm from hell, just to prove me wrong.