Yellows Recent Roll.....

I raised this a while ago after seeing my dads hybrid take a roll and saw the area above the front occupants effectively flatten.

Obviously the answer for good protection is an internal/external roll cage but this then leads on to another question.

If my seven year old son is sitting in a forward facing seat at the back door in the 90 he isnt very well protected either.

I was going to just fit two seats in the front of my rebuild but now I feel it would be safer if he was also seated nearer the front.

I am going to fit a bulkead removal bar and wondered if anyone has fitted a sort of center seat just behind the two front seats?

His legs could always sit between the two front seats and being in the centre of the vehicle he is likely to be better protected.

Any thoughts ideas or something similar fitted by any one else? Even fitting a bucket seat isnt out of the equation.

Answers on a post card.

Cheers

Grant :)

I've suggested that an external cage AND an internal rollbar might be what one should have (though I'm not entirely clear about the mountings' strength)

in addition, I'm not so sue about the sideways facing seats - with lapbelts only. I know some people carriers (and I think some discos?) have a forward facing seat right at the back, but which folds out of the way for access. Has head/arm rests.

anyone know what I'm talking about?

I rather think an ongoing thread about defender safety and safety improvements might be an idea?