Ah - major problem

Turbocharger

Seems my signature has come back to bite me. I returned my LR's V5 to the DVLA to update my address ahead of the tax running out in December - filled in the new address, ticked the 'I've moved house and remembered to tell you' box and posted it out to them.

Today, forwarded to me by my old landlady, I receive a letter sent to my old address:

Thank you for telling us you are no longer the keeper of or have scrapped the vehicle with the above mentioned registration mark. I can confirm that we have updated our records.

B*ll*cks. That's going to make it hard to tax it in 19 days, for sure...

It's a moot point, the LR's in bits in the garage and will be until after Christmas (VGT turbo WILL be assembled, I just have to find more than 8hrs between getting in from work and going out again...) but I can see it would be rather annoying if it was my daily drive.

I think I'll be on the phone in the morning, following it up with a letter. I'm particularly impressed that this pitfall means they write to your old address, so I wouldn't have seen the letter unless my old landlady had nothing to do except steam my mail open to see if there's any cash inside. :)

The service from DVLA is getting worse,, :angry: I have to deal with them on numerous occasions every week !!!

They are currently trying to do me for a speeding offence, in Birmingham, by one of the loaners,

Not a hope in hell,, cause, its been sat in the yard for the last 2 years in bits ,

Fortunately i also have some paperwork, when they screwed up a cherish plate transfer, on the same vehicle,, just before it was scrapped, and they inspected it, plonkers !!!

Plot thickens - new V5 turns up at my new address, so I got hold of someone at DVLA on the phone on a Saturday morning.

I have to say, what a helpful chap. He gently hinted that it was my mistake, and that it's quite common. I'd put my new address onto the old V5 and as I'd included my name too they add me on as a new keeper, so my dear old truck's now up to 4 keepers, and my name is listed both as the current and previous owner. He's rectified the error and I'll have a new V5 before Christmas showing it back at 3 previous owners.

Phew. Car un-scrapped.

Plot thickens - new V5 turns up at my new address, so I got hold of someone at DVLA on the phone on a Saturday morning.

I have to say, what a helpful chap. He gently hinted that it was my mistake, and that it's quite common.

B) glad it's worked out.