Nicest / Best Truck Cab Roll Cage for a 90 ?

I wouldn't say 'copying' is the right term..... How many +2" suspension kits, rock sliders, roll cages are there on the market!?! It was only a matter of time before some of the other major cage companies caught on to the idea having seen how successful the NOR ones have been...

Hi Steve,

Curious - what have you now ??........ and why the change ??

:)

Nige

With some 2009 events in mind that require MSA regs on safety , Both Steve and myself opted for a cage that exceeds these standards , As many others along with ourselves have already proven and tested cages at a non MSA level ,

The way the events are evolving again into faster driving sections we thought its only going to be a matter of time before all off road events are going to be affiliated to some type of safety regulations to make their insurance validated .

So hence the need to purchace and fit the cage in accordance to these regulations well in advance of any mandatory or compulsary rules that may occour .

We have both chosen the P&P close fitting comp cage , I have a copy of the MSA blue book on loan to make sure all criteria are met .

After all , the roll we had at the Devon Decider was certainly a wake up call for us and many others , luckily our home built Blue band cage saved both myself and my codrivers lives , But its time to upgrade and the wing bars will also be an addition from P&P they just look so well built .

Hi Steve,

........ and why the change ??

:)

Nige

As far as reasons for change Jase has summed it up pretty well. We spoke about it a bit. The trucks having some major alterations with engine/gearbox change/reposition and pretty much a complete re work of the rear end so it makes sense to get the cage up to spec while im at it.

Curious - what have you now ??

I have a Whitbread 48mm blueband cage on mine. I bought it as a flat pack/mail order job and fitted myself. I think the design of them has changed a bit since I had mine. Mine fits very tightly just like the Tight fit P&P and NOR cages but some ive seen since are much larger hoops with straight runs between the main and front hoops??? Ive been more than happy with the Whitbread cage, It fitted very nicely and has stood up to some proper heavy rolls (as in multiple end over end rolls not flopping on its side) without any damage.

Heres a couple of pics.

Front.

post-1274-1230478851_thumb.jpg

Rear.

post-1274-1230478881_thumb.jpg

The rear hoop looks to stand above the roof due to the white roof and light but it doesn't as you can just about see in the next pic.

Side...ish.

post-1274-1230478928_thumb.jpg

Not too sure about the newer, larger Whitbread cages ive seen but im sure he will still do the tight fit if asked.

as for the new one, Im very happy with it. Nobody could compete with the price of the P&P so thats what I went for. Its just over 50mm CDS to MSA spec and as I said earlier the quality of the bends is top class. The fit (as far as I can tell at the moment) is fantastic so its looking good so far.