Nicest / Best Truck Cab Roll Cage for a 90 ?

I think Jericho is right, NOR is ok good value for money, PP you get what you pay for and dont forget Tornado Motorsport they do very good cages too.

Shox Dr I think you will find that CFS360NBK (Hydraulic line tube) does not meet the MSA yeild strength so if you are using it for roll cages i sugest you find out what blue band and clubman 500 are!

I didn't say I was building Roll Cages out of CFS360NBK. I said I built a Tube Bender to build them. I know it's Hydraulic tube, I would usually use CFS3NBK, I bought it because it is more than enough to cope with the stress of a frame, and it can be bent into tighter radius.

I asked what the spec's of Blueband is, and if another post(here) on this site is to be believed then its Boiler tube EN10219, and I wouldn't use that for a clothes pole, as for Clubman 500 is also is a budget material only available up to 30mm dia and that is not big enough. Where as CFS 3NBK and CFS 5NBK is available in a far greater selection of Dia's and Wall thicknesses

Here is a link to the people I deal with, I think you will find all the information you need there

Meanwhile if you could supply links to specs or supply BS/ EN codes for Clubman and Blueband I would be grateful ;)

I asked what the spec's of Blueband is, and if another post(here) on this site is to be believed then its Boiler tube EN10219, and I wouldn't use that for a clothes pole,

Meanwhile if you could supply links to specs or supply BS/ EN codes for Clubman and Blueband I would be grateful ;)

The "Best" BlueBand (48.3mm OD 3,2mm Wall seamed tube) is Corrus BS1387

MSA Allowed, now not as Bling and Brill as CDS but for basic use more than enough - and far better than nothing :)

Some Blueband is truly dreadfull and won't bend just collapses - BS1387 is the std to look for and the corrus seems best of the bunch ?

HTH

Nige

The "Best" BlueBand (48.3mm OD 3,2mm Wall seamed tube) is Corrus BS1387

MSA Allowed, now not as Bling and Brill as CDS but for basic use more than enough - and far better than nothing :)

Some Blueband is truly dreadfull and won't bend just collapses - BS1387 is the std to look for and the corrus seems best of the bunch ?

HTH

Nige

Thanks for the imformation. I'll be sticking with CFS 3NBK.

As for Blueband it's Pipe, NOT tube. That's why it collapses it's not even normalised. If anyone uses that for a Rollcage then I wouldn't even sit in the vehicle, never mind pay for one

Shox Dr - blueband is what the MSA require so it can't be that bad. I have a cage made using it by whitbread, and on my d-lander a very sexy cage made using clubman 500 by NOR :)

Nige - you know where you should go for it, your experience with the wings should tell you that. (me/shaun spoke about them/you briefly on the phone the other night!!!)

I fink :blink: MSA Blue Book is not "Web'd" and you have to Buy a copy,

go to any AWDC SCOR and other comp safari speed events and the vast majority of

the 4x4s racing there are BS1387 built, and some are works of art, so don't knock

it that much, its sometimes not just the tube but the gussets, fillets and triangulation

that makes these spaceframe racers so strong,

Re Blue Book MSA - I have mine but its on loan to a forumer who is doing unspeakable things to tube for 2009,

and must remain nameless, other than to say he is NOT a Vapour Builder :lol:

Anyways, this thread is going orf topic a bit, and I am still looking for pics and info on

existing members 90 Truck cabs and the pros / cons of the ones they have

NOR is still top of the list, but I am still open to ideas tweaks or pics and others :)

Nige

Just for the record there aint nothing wrong with a blueband roll cage , The proof is in the pudding , And when built and welded corectly they will do there job perfectlly ,

The 2008 Devon De-cider saw a nasty roll to my truck that has a BB cage fitted , Both myself and the co driver both walked away minor injuries and smileing , The cage ,well Slightly deformed and battered it did the job it was made for . More than happy with it as it seemed to absorb all the damage to the cage without totaly screwwing up the chassis and risking the occupants .

Ciderman. I have on doubt it can build a good strong cage, but as others had said, the qty varies. When will you find this out, something I'm not willing to try. each to their own.

I think your missing the point here , I already have ,10 times @40mph and It works , But as different regulations are moving about again for certain events next year to meet the blue book Msa Requirements I have just ordered a P&P full competiton cage that meets all criteria , and its CDS , so happy days ;)

As Tony said . there is no great speed involved , Many People have Blue band cages , many are home made , some good some bad , But they do offer the next best thing from a couple of sticks of poorly stuck together ali profile and a sheet of ali that makes up a standard truck cab .

But as mentioned most events /clubs are being affiliated to the MSA to make their insurance viable .So tighter measures need to be taken to vet roll cages , There are some atrousious creations out there .

MSA approve Blue Band .

I think your missing the point here , I already have ,10 times @40mph and It works , But as different regulations are moving about again for certain events next year to meet the blue book Msa Requirements I have just ordered a P&P full competiton cage that meets all criteria , and its CDS , so happy days ;)

Jase - still made it 12 times not 10, thats what the number of headlight rotations told us anyway

Just had a new cage arrive from the nice people at P&P. They are brilliant to deal with and would recommend them on that alone. Its the tight fitting truck cab cage (they do two, One larger with straight roof bars and one tight fitting with bends in the roof bars) The bends are second to none, They really are nice, No flattening, shrinking or distortion and the shape of the cage fits the truck cab 100%, perfect size and shape to fit the truck cab snugly. Its come as bent tubes that need notching and welding (coz thats what I asked for) and you can spec pretty much anything you want. We had a criss cross in the main hoop and 3 roof bars plus top diagonal. Im over the moon with the quality/fit and the price was a fraction of the cost anywhere else (we did buy two so had a slightly better deal, the owner of the other wont take a genius to work out reading this thread) They also do all the fixtures and fitting and load spreading plates for the chassis if you want.

So ive had two dealings with P&P lately, both I can not fault and would recommend their cage's (infact all products as the A frame is very nice) to anyone, Even the most fussy.