8274-50 Brake noise!

orangemach5

Hi all,

While out playing yesterday, whilst winching my mates 90 out of a bog i realised i have a strange problem with the brake on my 8274. When spooling out (power out or freespool) the outer ratchet ring of the brake seems to wobble about and as a result eash revolution you get a horrible click. It is only the second recovery i have made and the only mods i have is rufftraks 11mm plasma.

What could be causing the brake ratchet ring to wobble (the centre of the brake seems to run true!) and not run true especially with this little use???? The brake still works well and when winching in it all seems normal!

Help!!!! :blink::blink::blink::blink:

mine was all ok to pop back together

went like this

get back brake plate

ring of grease were balls needs to go ( so wrong on every level ) an stick them too it

pop brake disc on then toothed disc ( correct way second time) then spring in middle then that thick metal plate bit

other brake disc the outta brake plate circlip an done

just totally rebuilt mine with everything from gigglepin ( if you work there an some random phoned up about bushes today that was me :) ) super mega helpful

dave

as a small non weight holding way is to hold outer an inner brake plates and move one forward an one backwards they should move closer together then spring back to were they started

also mats changed his pads for gigglepin ones first two time the brake didnt want to hold but has held him ever since so just be aware, not sure if this is common tho? was on an older type with the holes in centre toothed ring and fins on the outta

dave